1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Lebron runs the media why does the media still insist MJ is goat? Shannon Sharpe is the only media I know who openly says Lebron is the goat.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh wow, 1 more dude welp I guess Lebron manipulated the entire media then. Its the great Scottie Pippen everybody knows Pippen is the media king, man what a big shot :rolleyes: Btw Pippen didnt even say Lebron is the Goat. For somebody who is supposed to have manipulated the media, Lebron is extremely tolersnt of Stephen A Smith. He should have been fired the moment he said Mj is still the goat.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

well this is a game

5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Fair point, and I give it to ya that what Kawhi did in stretches looked more clutch at times than Harden has been (remember I did make the dual point in my original long post that Harden has been overall unclutch in the playoffs), while also acknowledging that though Kawhi was the best player on that raptors team to win the title, it's not like Kawhi beat a full strength warriors team. That raptors team played them without 2 of their big 4. And when KD came back to play for that one game, you could tell the shift in momentum for that series was for the warriors ... and then he got hurt again, soon followed by klay.

I just think that as much as we should rightly point out Harden's shortcomings (and there are many), I don't think Kawhi's success is an equal comparison to the Harden-led Rockets who faced the warriors mostly at full strength.

BallaDoc likes this.
  6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You won't get much push back from me on what you are saying. But I will say that a championship is still a championship no matter who got hurt or who was on the floor. Once you start to diminish a player's or team's success for whatever reason rather it's valid or invalid it can start to become a slippery slope.

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I almost gave myself an aneurysm rolling my eyes at this. Congrats to T-Mac for winning a regular season game in December. I'm sure he rests easy at night knowing his great achievement is duly enshrined in the annals of NBA history.

8. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Not only is shaq right... im starting to think the real mvp on the team was cp3... that team was so nice....

GreatOne1978 likes this.
  9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Shaq responds to Harden’s IG post:

“I’m not a yes-man”

beardsanity713 and bmelo like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I'm sorry Shaq was right an dits not even me being bitter. Shaq was/is right.

houseofglass21 and DaDakota like this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Or just laccidentally land in his landing spot and accidentally tear his achillies I heard it was popular among superstars.

12. riko

riko Member

Well the league disagrees since harden won the MVP that year

13. hakeemthagreat

Well organized slander. I'm glad you picked up on it because Lebron's media club has been doing this for YEARS

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Aight Shaq.

:rolleyes:

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wonder if Steve Nash gets held to any type of pressure accountability wise with being a first year head coach and getting three big time star level players. I know Stephen A. Smith is saying look at this nonsense right here.

16. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Agreed but people should then not use the example of rings or beating GSW to compare Kawhi to Harden.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Two totally separate concepts. This is literally apples to oranges. Championships are one of the main components that most of us are going to use when we compare other greats to each other. Team success is a huge factor in basketball because it's 5 v 5 unlike the other sports that have more guys on the court or field. That's why the MVP is given to the best player on the best team in most years.

The "slippery slope" argument I was making is used by people to cheapen a teams triumph. "If Jordan would have been in the league Houston wouldn't have won those two championships." "If the GSW would have faced healthy teams in 2015 they wouldn't have won that championship." "If the Lakers would not have been in the bubble they wouldn't have won that championship last year."

BallaDoc likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I see what you’re saying, but that ending was pretty spectacular even if the game wasn’t all that important.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You ever heard of this guy named Kendrick Perkins? How about Nick Wright? There's plenty of people on the LeBron GOAT train... Tf are you talking about! Lol