1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long until Wood can get traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, Jan 13, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One excellent pick is all it takes to bring back hope and relevance back to the franchise.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Losing 3 straight years in baseball gets you rounds and rounds of talent. Losing 3 straight years for the Rockets right now.. including this year which YOU ARE SUGGESTING.. maybe we get 1 good pick out of it. It's loser mentality and we've got at least one guy out there on our team with Mamba mentality. He won't stay 4 years if we ask him to lose.

Winners and people who want to win it all eventually don't tank on years where they don't own their own pick. You a OKC fan or something? GTFO if you are.

hakeem94 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

What you guys dont understand is that most good organizations tank. There is a very awesome draft class coming next year. If Woods is an all star within 3 years, that is even worse because we wont be able to pay him what we wants nor will we be a contender in 3 years time.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah if Wood can land a good haul at the deadline you move him. If he can’t, keep him and see what he’s worth next deadline

jiggyfly and Wulaw Horn like this.
  5. Denovo

Denovo Member

Wall and Wood contracts expire the same year. We can pay Wood if we want or trade him or we can develop him more to raise his value and trade him. We have options.

personally If we do trade him I’d rather wait n see if he can add 3x allstar to his resume so we get much more value back.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

That's not a bad idea. Lol...it just sucks that we are grooming and developing players here to trade them. Honestly we should be tanking.

If he wants to be an all star, I hope he improves his defense and shoots better from 3, thats a guaranteed spot. It's gonna be like this with Tate too Im afraid...this really sucks.

Denovo likes this.
  7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Deal. Sticky it and remind me when wood is on a 500+ end of the season Rox or here traded.

harold bingo likes this.
  8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Three year contract. IOW he’s up after 23. How likely do you think it’s going to be that the Rox, while owning their own picks in 22 and 23, are trying to win?

9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That’s not my argument, my argument is Wood is on a preferable contract and has a chance to be an allstar. It would be absolutely foolish to trade him this year just to tank.

Jayzers_100 and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread just gets worse and worse with each game :D

hakeem94 and whiskeyred like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

His contract is up in 3 years. He'll leave when he realizes Fertitta and Co won't pay for any help.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

OP is right 6’10+ guys that are 25 and younger that put up 23/10 grow on trees.

groovemachine and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Asian Sensation

Don’t worry there will be plenty of money for help without lard ass eating up $50 million for the next 4 years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How did I miss this gem of a thread?

Tankeio likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

it’s too much of a crap shoot. All our traded picks are top 4 protected but the lotto odds aren’t the same as in the past. We could tank and still not get a top 4 pick.

This is Houston. We are not Indiana. We can attract free agents.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

We at least give ourselves a better shot.

We arnt Indiana but we aren’t. LA, Miami or New York either. We don’t have a history of signing marquee FAs.

Tell me you don’t want a better shot at Cade Cunningham?

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  17. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Haven’t read any posts here, just jumped in. Why the heck is this even a thread?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cade Cunningham isn’t Zion so I really don’t care.

Teams tanked for Wiggins too. It’s not a guarantee a top 4 pick becomes a superstar. No reason to create a toxic culture of losing for a chance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Thread should be locked tbh. There’s no comprehensible reason to trade Wood anytime soon. He’s the idyllic young star on a team-friendly deal. We’re trying to acquire more of those, not fewer. Also @HP3 are you misspelling his name on purpose?

groovemachine likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Zion doesnt even look that goo d man.

Okay so you ignoring the Warriors, Nuggets, and whoever else got successful from tanking?