1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden going to ****ing feast in the East. I do hope for their demise, but let's be realistic, they are definitely going to be destroying teams the next 2 years at least. When they make the playoffs, I'll turn off my hope for them doing bad since it has no relevance to our future draft picks and then I do hope they meet the Milwaukee Bucks and Harden stomps a new ******* on the passive aggressive greek freak.

James.B.H, HP3, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they'd consider playing 2 superstars (Kyrie being a borderline superstar) at all times until the playoffs, that way everyone gets burn.

Pretty easy way to avoid implosion barring injuries and Covid protocol, hate to break it to some fans.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A bunch of posters here will become Nets fans because of Harden. Are they real Rockets fans @tinman?

daywalker02 and tinman like this.
  4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I hate superstars carrying their teams for 3.5 quarters and suddenly defer to role players in the last minutes in a close game. Or carrying their teams for the first 3 or 4 games and then disappeared in a must-win playoff game.

TMAC did a lot here in Houston, so did Harden. Not a big of fan of Jordan's right-in-your-face marketing image, but he was well known for letting his teammates going in the first half and then taking over the game from the third quarter, I respected that.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden will have to sacrifice the most, and it’s far more likely that he will be willing to sacrifice in BK than he was in Houston

sacrificing for more Dwight post ups wasn’t the move

CP3 was a worse player and came to join Harden, not the other way around...same with Russ, and although Harden took a backseat to Russ for 2 months, Russ is nowhere close to Harden’s level and is too dumb on the court to be making sacrifices for

BK is KD’s organization, not Harden’s...now it’s Harden going to join someone else for the 1st time instead of someone joining him, and KD is widely viewed as the better player

also, Harden is the only one out of the trio who doesn’t have a ring, and he also happens to be the best playmaker

BigM likes this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

Ha! Not enjoyable when it's your team. But watching another team struggle (especially with a former star that left for greener pastures)................
    [​IMG]

7. csc177

csc177 Member

[​IMG]

Ben Frank and daywalker02 like this.
  8. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

they will be welcome at Netsdaily.com

Easy likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those posters weren’t Rockets fans tho

Easy, csc177, JayGoogle and 1 other person like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not really care, but I know which team not to root for.

Shave that beard off.

Easy likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Implosion is realisitic. KD is there for 2 years and KD has already bailed on 2 teams already, if it's clear he can't win there why would he stay?

Why would any team trade for Kyrie right now at this moment? Especiallly if he messes this up?

And if KD goes why would Harden stay?

Look at when their contracts are up and that tells you all you need to know. These aren't 22 year olds just having fun in the league, these are three older vets trying to win a championship and we have seen this experiment fail...a few times now.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is your definition of implosion? Making the playoffs even if it's a 1st round exit isn't implosion to me if they decide to fulfill their contracts.

Where would KD go to? KD would have been 34 by then.

What is left for him in the league to do?

That is a more realistic question.

It's pretty easy for Kyrie to 'not' fork it up, just do what he does best.

Clutch shooting. They do not even need him to score in the 1st half.

Harden is the only one who hasn't won anything and 'only' had 1 Finals appearance in 11 years.

(For JH it is pretty easy, he can finally go to LA, go home if KD splits.) Beard and the Brow? Beard and the Klaw?

He has this lack of legacy going against him, so he might screw it up under pressure. Rest of them already won it all.

(Any mediocre team that would need a scorer could trade for KI.)

#192 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's also easy for Kyrie to fork it up as he's showing right now.

Anywhere but there. These guys have a shot at signing longer contracts, if they do not there is no reason for them to stay in Brooklyn just because. Especially if they start to blame each other for not winning...which we know Harden and Kyrie have a history of blaming teammates for failure. Harden may legit criticize his teammates which is fine but Kyrie seems to not have many friends as far as it comes with ex-players.

This man really just took a random vacation in the middle of the season. Maybe it turns out he had something serious going on in his life, we'll see if he ever explains it, but more likely he doesn't think anyone is owed an explanation.)

Durant really is the guy that has to lead those two as he's the only one that knows what it means to sacrifice completely for a ring.

Yes, Kyrie has won a ring but there was always guys complaining about playing with him...
    https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2016/03/kyrie_irving_shows_again_that_hes_not_ready.html
    Like, I don't know if Kyrie is ready to make that sacrifice. If he is, he'll be back as soon as he's cleared to work on chemistry with Harden and KD but honestly if BKN can trade him and move on from him they can win with just Harden and KD if we're being completely honest. I think those guys can get along just fine and love playing together but Kyrie and his random drama could poison that team.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also I should add I've been saying this stuff about Kyrie since the start of the season, since they teamed up, it has nothing to do with me wanting them to fail...although I'd like that to happen since it would massively help the Rockets...but Kyrie is just not a guy you want to have to depend on.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We have to disagree here though.

I think for me it is more likely they work out than implode in the worst fashion.

They might kill each other in their second year.

Nevertheless for me the Lakers are favorites, Nets and Clippers are following behind barring injuries.

I do not think they need Kyrie to make 2nd round or ECF even if their D holds up.

They are going nowhere without Defense and Kyrie isn't the problem as people know what he brings to the table, they need to get defenders.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We've no alliance to all those beta biatches, we just talk about them for entertainment purposes. Nothing else.

Those draft picks are not even that good to begin with, if the luck favors the Rockets, the Nets might fall to 9th or 10th place, Joe Harris and TLC make sure they are not that bad.

HP3 likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Tough to see. Then again, I never thought Harden could be an alpha. He'll do great with KD.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is it me or does he already look skinnier