1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade not complete yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So, they keep calling this a four team trade. It still was a three team, then a two team trade correct? I just hate when the media doesn't label things correctly. Obviously this is dependent on our trade exception, not that I expect to use it.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Well the Nets gave the Pacers compensation so it must have been expanded to a 4-team trade

3. DLT

DLT Member

Because he has no shame in begging Riley to speed things up while Riley is like chill, you are plan B to Beal. VO is acting pathetic.....lol

4. Possum

Possum Member

I’m going of just this thread. You keep whining about the same shot over and over. No one is forcing you to be here. I could care less if you don’t know me. Ive been her way longer than you have. And being woke is a joke. Announcing you’re woke is the same thing as saying you’re a brainwashed overly sensitive beyatch. Grow some and become a man. Woke on that sweetheart.

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Pretty bizarre how the Pacers have officially announced that they have Levert, but we still haven't announced Oladipo...Are we still dealing?

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It kind of does though.

Feigen is really carrying their jock strap. Exceptions last for a year.

the hard cap won't be a concern next year. The Rockets should have taken their 2nd rounder out of the deal if it's really a 4 teamer now.

Also theoretically the Rockets could have done a trade where team B gets Gordon and sends back a player up to the full amount of the TPE and the Rockets would have generated even a larger TPE. You could fit others into smaller exceptions

Now the Rockets would only be able to take the smaller amount back into the big exception.

It's a big asset that got significantly worse.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET US BE HAPPY?! :(

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's a disappointment. I don't know if they would of used the trade exception but definitely sucks that they didn't get the larger one.

treyk3 and HP3 like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ok, Feigen says it was 2 trades originally, which is why Allen/Prince were allowed to suit up last night on the CLE "Inactive Roster". So, somehow, they can retroactively make it one trade???

I don't see the incentive for BKN to change, as they were done. Their part was cleared. They lost a 2nd round pick by helping fix the 2 trade scenario...and Rockets lost a larger TPE.

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The problem was with LeVert so even though they were “done” if LeVert couldn’t go through the physical Houston could rescind both parts

12. heypartner

Our hard cap expires before the trade exception does.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We were talking about this last night @treyk3 lol. Such a weird trade how this happened. League is probably bending their own rules so they can get a Brooklyn vs Lakers final.

DonKnock, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If anything, I would think the League would bend them a bit to not let a trade like this fall apart. lol.

ElPigto likes this.
  15. heypartner

is that your theory?? Feigen didn't say Rockets had leverage to force BKN to convert 2 trades into 1.

Under the 2-trade scenario, BKN was done, and Allen/Prince suited up, which I'm nearly 100% certain means a trade was completed and cleared by the League Office. Maybe they were wrongly allowed to suit up and be put on the Inactive Roster???

ElPigto likes this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that even thought Allen and Prince were in Cleveland, they were not allowed to play last night or practice today and the reason given was that somebody’s physical was incomplete.

HP3 likes this.
  17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Incorrect. Simmons didn't want to leave Philly.

Patience likes this.
  18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Against Brooklyn? Oh the irony! :D

Go Rockets!!!

19. heypartner

This isn't like LeVert can't play...and BKN was actually in threat of losing Harden. Rockets weren't going to rescind a Harden trade based upon a 2024 2RP. Clearly LeVert can play. All it took was a future 2RP to get IND to take him.

Plus, Rockets got screwed on TPE too, by converting 2 trades to 1.

HP3 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member