1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota and PJ Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pass_to_Hakeem, Jan 15, 2021.

1. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

dont think I’d include picks, but I do think there could be something to it.

IMO, Denver should be the team most interested in a package deal. They have by far the most need for an improvement in perimeter defense, and unlike Miami, they do not have the cap flexibility to sign a player of Oladipos caliber.

Our cost is MPJ.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but i think unlike MIA, they have only milsap to worry about in terms of age. otherwise they can opt to wait out leroids getting even older while their jokic/murray/mpj core just grows

while MIA's got butler/dragic already w/ one leg in the grave :D

Vivi likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if no one gives up a good young prospect or a decent 1st then you keep and extend tucker for 2 years to do the whole vet+ coaching thing.

i mean Tate is nearly the perfect person to learn from PJ.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

'Sota won't give anything more than two second round picks for PJ which will suit TF just fine. He will probably give up one of them, for a future 60th pick.

Dipo, PJ and B.Mac should be packaged together for the best possible return, but I doubt if TF will want any salary back at all.
    @ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

To much money for 2 trick money who isn't as good at 1st trick anymore. (1 on 1 defender)

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you think tuck has that much regressed?
    i see his game improving in this new system

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is STRONG
    With a great coach and the culture and a lot of picks you can contend right away!

roslolian likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wood should really be the PF, he is too thin to be a center.

saleem, hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, good chance Dipo comes to Houston—->LeVert to Pacers because TF wants the draft pick plus expiring
    contract of Oladipo.

Rockets have space for Gerald Green now and first round picks to move Eric Gordon/Tucker if the Rockets need in
    a trade.

I told you Tilman didn’t have the stomach to pay Harden $41M and slack off or sit because of a phantom injury.
    But TF can tolerate Oladipo sitting making half of what Harden makes while trying to move the Dipo contract.

The DRtg when Harden was on the court got slightly better before departure, it went from DRtg of 119 to DRtg of 117.
    While Tucker is on the court the DRtg is still 118. Tucker played the best defense of the year this past game. It may
    have taken the Harden trade to wake Tucker up. Now he knows Tilman ain’t playing games......if he is willing to move
    Harden for crap and picks.....then Tilman is willing to move Tucker for crap as well.

Rockets can move Tucker now while his value is probably as high as it will be. Once they move Tucker to backup,
    his value will drop significantly. Rockets need to move him to backup if he continues to be a liability on defense.
    Plan is that Tucker helps himself out by putting out on defense and the Rockets can continue playing him as a starter,
    then he gets traded to a contender. Everyone wins with that scenario.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Isn't the general thought that Sabonis is the player they'll be building around? I don't mind if you don't think the value isn't right, making deals work isn't always easy to green light. We went from a weird situation with Harden to a weird situation with Oladipo, so idk how you really valuate a player coming off injury and doesn't want to be here or there and all that...

It's hard to even see into the crystal ball about what the Rockets are really trying to do now. Are we safe to assume the rebuild begins around Wood?

12. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Tucker vs some of and c he holds up. Tucker foot speed and lateral speed doesn't hold up vs PG sg sf some pf. He is not the closer he once was. Should get what we can for him.

raining threes likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

i think we are firmly in rebuild mode. Turner has declared himself as an elite rim protector who can shoot. He has high value right now

Dankstronaut likes this.
  14. raining threes

Denver could really use guys like PJ, Olidipo. I wonder if that would be enough to get MPJ? If not I would throw in the 2021 1st for MPJ. Of course I'm much higher on MPJ than most.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Don't send him to Minny. Let him expire and pick his own team if they can't send him to a contender.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Tucker is a very good defender albeit different type... and can shoot too. Maybe that’s not even close but I think we’re doing them a pretty huge solid by dealing with Oladipo. Wood/Turner front court would be sick