1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sure but Shamet isnt gonna beat the Lakers lol

2. MystikArkitect

Correct.

That team doesn't have a true leader and general. Harden doesn't like being told what to do and isn't good at telling others what to do.

hakeem94 and JumpMan like this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Not going to lie....I’ll enjoy watching this big 3 not work.

I can see them imploding when things don’t go well.

jim1961 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I know read the tweet. He is so selfish, he's going to play against his own team.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rumor: The Nets haven't found a uni large enough to fit James -- first game may be moved to February while they acquire fabric.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'll say this thou, If Harden does end up failing it might discourage the trend.

7. HardenVolumeOne

Kyrie, Durant and harden teaming up againist LeMedia and I’m here for it

Reeko, Loneyroy7, RustyHarden and 2 others like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Imagine being this delusional about a guy who has been carrying your franchise for years. Alot of you guys dont know basketball and will continue not to know....ugh.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you like watching stuff not work, you're going to love the Rockets over the next 5 years!

10. Mr Chuck Norris

They’re really exposing themselves. Crying about how they supported harden lmao true colors are showing not even 48hrs after he left. Hell this very own site had a hand in tarnishing Hardens legacy with that video.

Reeko, RustyHarden, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep people here truly believe the the Rockets have been carrying Harden all these years

RustyHarden and HP3 like this.
  12. Rocket_Man_2.0

I sure am going to enjoy watching Harden and the Nets win a championship!

RustyHarden and HP3 like this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

yep that defensive video was actually made by a rockets fan, and it put a stain on hardens legacy. You could make a video like that for any nba player. It just shows the amount of hate a lot of rockets fans had for harden while he was here

had to turn off sports 790 listening to adam clanton, dude just turned on harden overnight. Its like listening to a different guy

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why? You realize that directly hurts the rockets, right?

I'm confused as to why any actual rocket fan would root for the Nets when their implosion would directly and massively benefit the Rockets. If the Nets implode in 2 seasons we're talking like 6 years of free lottery picks.

They are going to score with ease but I think anyone picking against them knows that. The question will be can they stop the teams they need to stop from scoring and will the offense become predictable to where in critical moments it's easy for a good defensive team to defend against. Even coach Nick here says taht Harden has to play off-ball for this to work more than he's used to and sooooo many Harden guys here detest that but it's obvious. If their offense turns into "You ISO, me ISO," smart defensive teams will defend against that...easily. They'll live with the tough shots and good defensive teams like the Lakers have rim protectors to challenge drives and rotate out to shooters. It's a defensive practice drill for those guys, they eat it up.

When we look at the East I see two teams that might give them match up issues. 6ers and Bucks. They have 0 rim protection, that's not a good thing against a team like the 6ers with Embiid and Giannis, not to mention that Jrue has defended Harden as well as anyone possibly can in his career and you might have a series where games come down to a Harden ISO against Jrue that Jrue wins...and no one on the Nets is stopping Giannis.

On the West, the Lakers should make the finals, no one on the Nets is stopping Davis. No one is stopping him period...never mind Lebron. You give Lebron dunks and you can forget about it. He's way too good to be giving easy buckets and once he knows he can drive at will he tears your team to shreds. Who on the Nets is denying Bron that lane as in do they have anyone that can even be a possibility to do that?

They need rim protection and height, Jordan ain't cutting it. Their GM said other moves are coming and they will be needed for the guys they'll have to go against.

I'm sure they will score a lot of points but scoring a lot of points becomes meaningless if the other team can score just as easily because you have a gaping hole in your defense.

Now, with that out of the way, we do have to address the chemistry questions on the team. Legit questions. I know some people think Basketball is played on a white board and through math equations, but it is entirely fair to wonder if this team will have it mentally to get through tough series.

If Kyrie (whose defense can be bad) gets blown by...is he going to take Harden getting on him about it? If Harden has a bad playoff game is he going to take Kyrie's comments well? Is Durant going to become passive at the worst of times as he has done in playoff games before? Things get tough in the playoffs, players get heated, stakes are raised and the pressure is on for these guys. This is NYC, the media there enjoys thriving off of their own players misery, especially when they aren't homegrown drafted guys and especially when most of the city are Knicks fans who would love to do nothing more than mock and laugh at the little brother Nets like they do the Jets and Mets...

Watching that video and then seeing Harden seemingly deliberately throw a pass that Wall had to run to save and knowing Kyrie does not give me much confidence against hardnosed teams like the Heat that are going to 100% be a unit 100% of the time and take 0 possessions off or the Celtics.

It's good though, the Eastern conference playoffs are finally interesting, at least, more so than the West. I think the Lakers make relatively easy work out West.

#174 JayGoogle, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Easy and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  15. Rocket_Man_2.0

#175 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not suggeting anything but you have to be realistic right.

Why implode though?

I think the Nets would rather trade Irving and pieces for some major defensive piece or limit Harden's minutes before they let an implosion happen.

The implosion was just a cute narrative to joke about IMHO.

Even if they can't win a championship, the Nets could be led by KD to make a 2nd round or ECF IMO.

Nope, there are other scenarios happening than Championship or Implosion or Bust.

People get uncreative in lieu of this.

17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Brooklyn about to have themselves has some shooters, boy.

KD, Joe Harris, Kyrie, and Harden. Obviously, 3 of them are primarily shot creators, but that doesn't take away from the fact they're pure shooters as well. They gonna be pulling from all over the court.

Reeko, HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Holy oak, Jeff Green is shooting 45%.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Is James playing today? Who holding up the physicals ?

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

this comment is going to age like a fine cheese in the sun.