1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden thanks Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

**** that punk-ass b****.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Shaq was MVP at 51%

Pretty whack argument Giannis is a stud. Maybe that's the one thing I can enjoy with our yearly MVP candidate gone, is a hoard of our fans trying to discredit other superstars, and a hoard of opposing teams fans trying to discredit our guy.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giannis is AWOL in the clutch for good reason. He will always be a 1B until he learns to shoot better and more consistently.

Truth hurts right?

bro2044 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think so necessarily, Giannis is essentially a center. I think he can be the guy on a championship team with the right roster built around him and the right matchups in the playoffs.

Would we say if Hakeem were in the NBA today, that he could never the 1A guy without a 3pt shot? Interesting question.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giannis is nowhere near as skilled as Dream.

Not in the post, not mid range shooter, not from FT, not as ball handler, not on defense, not in rim protection, not in rebounding and not from 3.

Giannis is perhaps a more natural passer but to compare his basketball skills with Dream is ridiculous.

bro2044, Patience and s3ts like this.
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

This is almost as big as travesty as Kobe only having 1 MVP.

But given that Giannis won 1 too, and Steph has 2, the league is just completely fudged up. At this point they're just rolling dice.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not saying Giannis is the same as Hakeem, I'm not comparing their skills. (Although I wouldn't say Hakeem was a superior rebounder or ball-handler, but of course Hakeem was a more skilled player in a number of areas and Giannis is more of an athletic freak)

What I'm pointing out is, their production levels are pretty similar and they are both players who are dominant bigs without a 3PT shot. This brings me to the question, would Hakeem be a #1A guy in today's league without a reliable 3PT shot? Is it possible for anybody to be a 1A guy in today's league without a 3PT shot?

Just a question.

9. roxon

roxon Member

Want me to get you some napkins to cry in sweetie?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

'I'll be Luguentz Dort for them.'

[​IMG]

RustyHarden likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't cowardly, don't be crazy. He has given The Rockets brilliant service and deserves a shot at the title at this point of his career. I swear some rockets supporters took him for granted

12. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Jump to 2:30 mark

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

Hakeem could get a quality shot off when the defense is hyper focused on him. Very very odd comparison.

apollo33, Patience and ClutchLatina like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Embiiid is 1A, so is Jokic.

Hakeem was a better low post defender AND perimeter defender than either those guys.

Hakeem could defend 1-5 even in this era.

Quadruple doubles do just not grow on trees.

In any era.

Dream was not just elite scorer but he was elite defensively - rebounds, steals, blocks, deflections.

Dream could score with back to basket, face up or coast to coast.

He could show and go from 3 point line, dunk or stop and pop.

Olajuwon's ball handling, footwork, IQ are still underrated to this day.

If Dream was playing now, his game would be similar to AD.

But even moreso.

xaos, Patience and Sep11ie like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It's cowardly and you making excuses for it changes nothing. He quit on his team and is not Lebron James please dont even consider the comparison. We spent way too much time putting a person with a **** personality on a pedestal. I will be telling the truth about Harden from here on out regardless of who likes it. Call me a troll or a hater I dont really care. This is the way I see Harden. You never treat your teammates the way he did then try to say he wasnt disrespectful BULLSHIT. He's a coward. Dude averaged less than 20 over a span of games for the first time in 8 years then didnt play any defense and then called his teammates trash all so he could go to a super team. he's a coward.

bro2044 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

lol... tryin to dangle comin back in the future... narcissist until the end... smdh...

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he never quit on the team and the trade request was before the season started. Harden wasn't disrespectful, most of the team were not with them last season. He owed them nothing. This is the exact thing when i say some supporters took him for granted.............."then 20 over a span of games for the first time in 8 years"..................They treated his production as "normal"................it wasn't normal, it was All Time great. Some Rockets fans are really ungrateful to have had an All Time great on the team for so long. He owes the supporters nothing and yet he gave his all the last 8 years, spent lots of money in the community. He has earned the right to go for titles at his age. You sound like a supporter who thinks players musty stay on the team in any situation. Stop taking superstars for granted, they are not around for ever on the same team. Not many stay on the one team their whole career. Just be grateful that he kept us in Playoff contention for all 8 years he was here

Downtown Sniper and Patience like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

High IQ on the court, not so high off the court.

kjayp and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I think my main problem with the We part of it is that he is an entitled diva with new teammates and he didn't buy in, show up on time or in shape, play to his ability, or handle the situation respectfully. Harden absolutely thinks "he" is good enough, thats why he's going elsewhere, so his comment of we isn't inclusive.... he is remarking on his teammates and coach, whom he never gave a chance.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree it's hard to be 1A without a three point shot, but I do think Hakeem had the range to adapt. He didn't shoot threes cuz no one in his ERA did. But at the end of games he would attempt and make them quite a bit. Which leads me to believe he coulda have developed into a good three point shooter.