1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade not complete yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Jan 15, 2021.

1. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Indy is doing his physical because they’re the ones who’ll end up with him.

malakas, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see eh? Stone turned Robert Covington into Christian Wood and 2 1sts in one of the most crazy deals I've ever seen. A miraculous deal.

I'm excited to see what he does next.

Enjoy crying! Lots of crying! For a long time! Congrats!

Corrosion and rhee like this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

i really have no idea what happens if he doesn’t pass. That’s a material part of the deal. Not the main part, but material. Brooklyn doesn’t have much left to throw in, and if the injury is material, 2nds aren’t going to cut it.

Houston certainly isn’t going to give any of its recently acquired picks to the Pacers.

malakas and pippendagimp like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Tyler Herro circle jerk is kind of strange. Maybe because he's white.

Again... HE ABSOLUTELY CAN become a regular all star. But for now, he's not exactly exploding his sophomore season. His PER is, once again, 12.5. He's shooting 30% from three. He's doing some things better for sure. More boards, assists, higher 2point %.

5. onreego

onreego Member

From Feigen’s article:

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Why would Oladipo report in todays NBA. PLayers can just pout there way into getting what they want. THey will get their money and get traded to a competitor. Think of the last 3 players to be babies. Davis, went to the Champs. Iguodala, went to the East Champs. Harden, went to maybe future East Champs. Clutch said it right, the player entitlement era is disgusting. On top of that, it's trickling down from Superstars, to washed up former All-Stars.

I'm sickened by the league. It's doesn't have the ability to balance itself out. There needs to be serious new penalties for being traded if you're a max player. I'm not sure how it would work if a player that doesn't ask for trade gets traded, but surely something can be designed.

It's actually harder to think of something than I thought, but this diva stuff is ruining the league.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Send Dipo and PJ at the deadline to the Sixers for Simmons and Thybulle. Re-sign Gerald Green as an extra shooter.
    @ApacheWarrior @D-rock

chadyang and ApacheWarrior like this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

I honestly think the league will try to change this soon. It's not a good look for the NBA if every starplayer does that.
    OTOH, they love stars colluding because it's perfect clickbait for stupid articles with no base to them. Just imagine how many articles will be clicked just for information about the Nets locker room this year. Or how many people will tune into Brooklyn games this year.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey would never agree to that.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wonder if the Rockets are trying to get an extension and trade done like we saw with Miami and Iggy last year.

Denovo and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

Send Dipo to Orlando. It's not quite Miami but it's still Florida.

fattz, D-rock, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

:eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

sirjesse likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not. Quite. Miami.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

STOP THE STEAL!*

*Levert trade

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

It's sort of like how we as American's have been living for a while. I'm not trying to make a political statement but I think everyone can agree the rich have gotten extremely rich while the middle has shrunk. This trickle down NBA isn't a good look.. I have turned a blind eye for a while, but really was upset by Iggy's behavior last year. These guys have grievances that they are not number one. Imagine having a job that pays you 15k a minute like James Harden, but demands a transfer because he hasn't earned employee of the month. Ridiculous.

Maybe some sort of rule that requires a team that trades for a max player to have a lowered cap for 2 seasons. This way Champions are brewed instead of made to order. I'm sure that has flaws, but surely someone on Clutchfans can think of something.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're probably right.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

2 years / 52 added to this year is about the max.

Personally, i would love it. There’s something delaying the deal and Feigen says it’s not injury.

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

To be honest, i would rather have Levert, not a big fan of undersized guards, especially one coming off a major injury.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure how things play out

1) a) Oladipo needs to take physical to complete trade(s). May be trying to force trade to Miami.
    b) Does the Harden trade work without the second part of trade involving Dipo? LeVert staying in Houston?

2) league may be increasing rosters due to Covid-19.......Gerald Green might be added soon.

3) PJ Tucker being shopped? Minnesota biting? Moved now or later?
    ———————-
    If we can’t get Herro and others for Oladipo, can we get?

Houston in: Olynyk/Precious/Duncan Robinson

x

Heat In:: Oladipo

https://tradenba.com/trades/61fkosU3g

#99 ApacheWarrior, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  20. Asian Sensation

He does look good in a Magic jersey

[​IMG]

RustyHarden and conquistador#11 like this.