1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LMAO...You are one of the main HardenOnlyFans on this damn board. You made a whole entire thread for other insecure HardenOnlyFans trying to belittle Curry so you can big up Harden. If that's not the traits of an insecure beta male I don't know what is. Yes Harden has played with 3 hall of famers and AD had only played with one in Rondo. If you are that bias and can't understand that simple point then your clueless. You are either a casual fan or a HardenOnlyFan like like I said.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WhoTheFIsThatGuy.gif

Houston fans know Harden's true value way better than anyone else. We also know his true flaws (not his perceived flaws). Like every time people on TV and their followers react to something, the truth is usually in the middle. Harden gave Houston a ton. Did he give it everything? I'd say no. What he said he said out of frustration and dejection. It's time to move on. I want Harden to be successful and bust the lazy media stereotypes, I want fans who used to claim they hated everything about Harden to suddenly have to admit he's great, and I want Tilman Fertitta's nose rubbed in everything he has broken here. But the Rockets are all I really care about.

Patience likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

and that roster wasn't close to being good enough to even challenge the lakers?

Patience and Reeko like this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

They won the title easily - neither was any other roster in the league. Maybe James should look at why great players don't want to come play with him rather than how he can force his way into someone else's party.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No need to post these for me, I don't just focus on the negatives either. I merely acknowledge them as well as the positives.

6. Mr. Space City

Luckily we have Tillman Fertitta now. I hear so many superstars want to play for his team and eat at his many fine establishments.

glimmertwins likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lie detector:
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/search/47360221/

[​IMG]

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why does Harden have a much better playoff record than Paul?

Why does Paul have a history of not being able closeout giving up a 3-2 lead twice and a 3-1 lead?

If Paul is a monster what does that Make Harden who beat him twice in the playoffs.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I already said Paul is lacking in height and scoring but he is a special floor general.

And you didn't get him at age 26 or 28 but 31 and already injured a lot.

This is not petty nitpicking, it's stating the truth.

Harden also had a pretty good record against Lebron but Lebron is a champion.

Chris Paul is an Allstar whose scoring wasn't elite. That aspect is important in the league though.

Anthony Davis is also not a real No 1 but on the Lakers his strengths are augmented so that he looks at least like a Top 6 player.

Bball is not always about who is the better individual scorer or playoff exits, it's about much more than that.

#189 daywalker02, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    DaDakota likes this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden didn't ask for Howard or Paul, Shaq needs to get some facts right. Paul wanted to come to Houston, it was in a doco. People act as if Howard was willing to sacrafice and he wasn't, he wanted to post up instead of dominating off pick and rolls

Patience likes this.
  11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LMAO...Dude asked me a question about AD, which he in turn made about Harden. I never initiated that conversation bro. Same goes for that other clown in here too that made the Curry hate thread. They just won't let it be with the Harden love. A whole conversation about anything Rockets related that has absolutely 0 to do with James turns into a whole Harden debate on this site.

12. houseofglass21

Harden was always lazy and entitled. He was good in the regular season and then would disappear in the WCF time and time again. There were times were he was seen out partying at the strip club all night before a game 6 or 7 and then played clearly hungover. Or times where he blatantly just gave up on his team on the court. He doesn’t have the heart of a champion and doesn’t have that killer instinct. He’s a glorified version of T-Mac and even then, 13 in 30 was still a way cooler achievement than anything Harden did.

DaDakota, mastan and Htown's Finest like this.
  13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Kawhi beat a team without KD and klay so shrugs. I guess lowry and siakim and ibaka with van fleet and gasol are a comparable supporting cast to what we had in 2017-2018 but I think they were superior to our 2018-2019 squad. But just to be fair, both years we faced the warriors at full strength (minus iggy but they still had their big 4) with the exception of game 6 of 2018-2019 sans KD. On the flip side, kawhi straight carried in the final minutes of game (4? 5?) in ways that made you want more from harden. Similar to that one big game with jimmy this year.

But yeah, honestly, I think Kawhi has gotten a little bit too much love these past years. His choke job last year with pg was pretty sad, and he's only been on very well-rounded teams for his success. For these reasons, I actually don't put him on that same tier 1 level as harden, steph, kd, lebron (not in this order), etc. Ain't no way that denver team last year beats 2017-2018 rockets.

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It's kinda of a straw man fallacy that you are making but I get your point. Who knows for sure if that 18 Houston squad could have beat last years Nuggets team. Perhaps the bubble helped Denver, I really don't have a concrete answer for that. Basketball is all about matchups. I don't think you can make a logical argument saying this team would beat this team if they never played. It's kinda the same reason why I don't like debating players from different eras. It's just all opinions and speculations. But when you say "Harden has never had superstar help next to him, at least not to the same level that his contemporaries have." But Kawhi won a ring with absolutely no hall of fame players on his team is the only point I was making. Everything else you said I agree with.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His teammates always stood up for him

Behind the line with 22 seconds left waiting for him to pass it to them cause they are open
    @Reeko

Milos and Htown's Finest like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was definitely better than T-Mac
    But he was never the ‘Dream’ player we wanted

harold bingo and Htown's Finest like this.
  18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I always laugh at how during the first round series against OKC last year CP3 kept going on and on about he and not Harden was built to thrive at clutch moments, yet in the dying seconds with the game up for grabs it was Harden who rose the occasion and made the clutch plays while CP3 missed shots and passed on the final shot.

Patience and jiggyfly like this.
  19. mastan

mastan Member

Harden is a playoff choker. Lets see if KD can give him a title which he is not capable as the main guy on a team.

houseofglass21 likes this.
  20. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I know you are, but what am I!

daywalker02 likes this.