1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Indy is in the trade because we wanted an expiring and they wanted Lavert. Why on earth would they take Gordan's caustic contract.

2. opticon

opticon Member

I see your point of view. Now that we are almost three days removed from media leak a three-team trade has been the only deal completed. In my opinion, if the deal with Indiana was as simple as Victor for Caris the deal would be done by now. The fact is the deal with Indian is not done, check out rockets.com Levert is listed as on our roster: https://www.nba.com/rockets/roster. Also, the official NBA site has Levert with the Rockets and Victor with the pacers. Levert is the positive asset in the deal he is a young rising star on a team-friendly contract. Victor is on an expiring contract, an unrestricted free agent and still recovering injury. Many teams will have cap space during the summer, trading Levert will be a easy contract to dump for future assets then. If the Pacers really want Levert right now and dont want to wait they need to make it worth our while. If negotiations were done the deal would be done by now.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing.

But if this is true, then that sucks.

Because that means that Tilman's goal is a battlefighting low playoff seed, and not to win championship. A team led by those 3 is at best a "first round challenge" type of team for the contenders, but it is nowhere near being a contender itself.

And the idea of using those other FRPs to upgrade, eh, if a good player becomes available we will easily be outbid by OKC or NOP so I don't think that would have been a real thing. We would have had to settle for an average type of player - not an actual star.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No player has Dream potential

Hakeem is the most unique player in NBA history and perhaps the greatest center ever.

5. xaos

xaos Member

Who is the hold up?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All players in the Nets trade have to clear physicals before Lavert can be traded.

xaos likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

It seems as though all of Stone's deals are reported and then take days to become official. Woods deal was complicated too.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

The bar has been raised in the east with Harden going to Brooklyn

Butler is already 31. Miami is probably looking to go all in in order to not waste Jimmy’s prime

I see them trading for Oladipo unless they have another borderline all star they think they can get. They can trade for him or watch Brooklyn in the finals this year

csnerd84 likes this.
  9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We shouldn’t be giving Lavert for Oladipo. The pacers are in a position where they have to move Oladipo before his contract expires. The Rockets need to attach Eric Gordon to this and force the Pacers to add a big to the deal. Or just keep Lavert.

opticon likes this.
  10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yuck. I’m all set on dipo. Using the tpe on him and then hoping he stays he stays healthy and then hoping he doesn’t bolt in free agency and then having to max him? Ya, hard pass.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you're saying the hold up is Harden's BMI?

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

The Rockets can sign Oladipo to an extension that is below his max without him hitting FA. I think they could offer him an extension starting at $25m per year (feel free to correct me @BimaThug ) something like 4 years $110 million give or take.

That's probably a moveable contract down the line.

joshuaao and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Things can change but I don't think Oladipo wants to stick around Houston long unless they way over pay him.

His advanced statistics are not all that great..... he is a poor finisher at the rim and is having difficulty turning the corner on players anymore. He is at this point mostly a glorified 3 point shooter and someone that can finish some in transition and get free off screens.

He certainly isn't anyone worth signing an extension for.

I don't buy Miami is interested, but if a team wants to deal the Rockets expiring contracts or short term contracts and a #1 pick for him, the Rockets should do it.

Vivi and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. justtxyank

Oh I don't think they WOULD sign that extension was just answering the question about whether they could.

Nook likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh Man, You're a casual.....

16. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I wonder if Stone believes that he will be one of the most sought after free agent this summer. Heat may be desperate to be in win now mode with Jimmy. By holding Oladipo's bird right, we may be able to get Herro and other young prospects from Heat. If we could pull this off then that would be amazing!

17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

He isn’t finishing at the rim because he is playing with a terrible pick n roll partner in Sabonis, who doesn’t roll to the rim for a lob or pop to the 3 point line, just stands in the lane with Oladipo and attracts more defenders.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think you guys are really setting your sights way too high. I'm sure Riley wants to win, but if you subtract Herro for Oladipo, plus whatever cap filler (which happen to be either Iguodala or Kelly, both who played a role in last years team), are you really that much better. I doubt it. If Rockets are going to trade Oladipo to Miami, the most they will get out of it is a semi protected FRP plus filler and that's it. Maybe Nunn could be on the table, but then you likely don't get an FRP.

Reeko likes this.
  19. R=$

R=$ Member

Indiana Pacers Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +2.6 ppg, +5.6 rpg, and +3.6 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Marcus Smart
    26 year old, 6-3, 220 lb PG from Oklahoma State
    12.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 6.4 apg in 33.4 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Daniel Theis
    28 year old, 6-8, 245 lb C from Ratiopharm Ulm (Germany)
    7.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 22.5 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Tacko Fall
    25 year old, 7-5, 311 lb C from UCF
    3.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 12.6 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Victor Oladipo
    28 year old, 6-4, 210 lb G from Indiana
    20.0 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.2 apg in 33.3 minutes in 2020-2021
    Boston Celtics Trade Breakdown

20. R=$

R=$ Member

Change in Team Outlook: +13.2 ppg, +4.3 rpg, and +3.6 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Goran Dragic
    34 year old, 6-3, 190 lb G from Union Olimpija (Slovenia)
    14.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 23.5 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Avery Bradley
    30 year old, 6-2, 180 lb PG from Texas
    10.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 22.8 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Precious Achiuwa
    21 year old, 6-9, 210 lb SF from Memphis
    8.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.4 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Victor Oladipo
    28 year old, 6-4, 210 lb G from Indiana
    20.0 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.2 apg in 33.3 minutes in 2020-2021