1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Also he has had issues with the Magic, OKC, and Pacers front office. He loves behind the scenes drama. People on here floated the idea of Vic a while ago and I need a break from drama for a bit. I'm good with shipping him off asap.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

trey literally contradicted this point on the same page. Given he called the VO trade before anyone, I’m taking his word.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You may be able to get 2-1sts for Oladipo. That would be a win for for the Rockets.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He may have known about the trade but he does not know the intentions of the organization.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

And you do?

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

From the City that brought Paul Wall, DJ Screw, Bun B etc etc. Come on now.

Jk, jk of course.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Maybe. Guess we'll find out in February. ;)

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Read the first two lines then it became tl;dr. Someone sure is salty tho.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's a joke, glad it was too long to read for you. It was clearly over your head.

Did you know that 50% of the US population reads at an 8th grade or worse level?

Scarface, don grahamleone and itzIce like this.
  10. opticon

opticon Member

Gordon can still play and he is from the area and would actually want to be there. He even opened a restaurant there.

11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Celtic fans hilariously over rate their players. Like more than any team in the league.

They have a good team, but they over rate their minor players, too. Then if they strike out on someone (like turner) they turn to calling them trash and never wanted them anyways even though he’s having a great year

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

What would Oladipo's max salary be? $30 mil? $35 mil? $40 mil? Hopefully someone knows. If he returns to form, I can see him signing a deal similar to Gordon Hayward assuming it is in the right location. Maybe the Knicks? Anyways 4 years for $120 mil is what I can see someone paying but not much more than that and that is assuming he returns close to 2017-2018 form. Either way, I definitely don't think it should be the Rockets that give him that big contract although I wish him all the best.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I usually don't care for boring and/or irrelevant posts. Assuming that's the majority of your post history, just like you're randomly assuming I'm American.

Love that you wasted your time in searching for US literacy rates for absolutely no reason though. Great job.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

$33m approximate first year salary. Four years $145 million or so is his FA max I believe if he signs with a non birds right team. Rockets could naturally give more than that as we now have his bird rights. (But why would you want to)

jakedasnake likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It was actually in a book I recently read! https://www.patagonia.com/product/let-my-people-go-surfing-revised-paperback-book/BK067.html

It's probably around an 8th grade level read so whatever 50% you're in, it's probably doable.

Remember when we fought about whether Harden was better than LeBron? You were right there. I'm also not salty about Harden leaving. It was time to break up. I'm more upset about the team getting unknown draft picks and cap savings for a top 5 player.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

to your last point, the west seems wide open 3-8. The Lakers are far and away #1, with the Clippers probably #2 (but they still have chemistry issues that don’t look easy to resolve).

The rest: Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, GSW, Portland, Utah, San Antonio, Houston...none of those are clearly better than the others. Houston is only 2 behind the #2 seed in the loss column, after having the most difficult schedule in the league to date and an insane amount of missed games from top rotation players, on top of ridiculous dysfunction.

I still think we should deal Oladipo and Tucker at the deadline, but better to do that from a position of strength (top 4-6 seed), with Tucker and Oladipo showing out.

treyk3 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This man knows whats what!

Jwise44 likes this.
  19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Thanks, he would have to play lights out to be worth that for any team. He may be in for a rude awakening but he will be one of the better SG's in free agency 2021 I believe so someone will likely offer him a 4 year deal starting at $25 mil or so if he stays healthy through the season. Maybe he takes less to be in a city that he wants? Kind of worrisome he is more concerned about his singing "career" than playing basketball. Like, can't you live in NY, LA or Miami in the offseason? I guess you get more looks/interest playing for the city you live in but don't think it is necessary.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.