1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Dipo/Tucker/House detroit 1stto GS for wiggins/and minnesota 1st

Dipo into Boston trade exception for 2025 unprotected first. Tucker for Rob Wiiliams+Aaron Nesmith.

Dipo/Tucker/House/future first for Kelly Olynick/Tyler Herro

ArtV, MrButtocks, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  2. conquistador#11

What can the Rockets for Oladipo + Tucker @ the trade deadline? Any mid 20s disgruntled players with a cheap owner trying to save money? Julius Randle? Something?

3. opticon

opticon Member

In my opinion, Levert has more value the Victor. I would make Indiana take Gordon instead. Why should we give the Pacer's Levert the better of the two assets for Victor when he is a injury pron expiring contract who is already trying to push his way to Miami.

4. Fefo

Fefo Member

I feel like Oladipo will get traded to a team looking to improve their chances this year ( and looking forward) . I dont know who it will be, but teams like the mavs, denver, may take a look at him if they believe he can help come playoff time.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The Mavs wil gladly take him. They been looking for another star to put aside Luka.
    Problem is they don’t have anyone I want and I doubt they’ll give up multiple first round draft picks

BallaDoc and saleem like this.
  6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I think Victor has more value, he's an all-star let's not forget, and thus has more value to a contending team around the deadline. Plus, he's a big expiring contract, worst case scenario. LeVert is excellent though, younger, and cheaper, better with THIS team and the current youth movement. I prefer LeVert, but Victor may give us the better haul at the end of the day, so to speak.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

We should trade him to the heat like he wants to and add tucker to the trade package for Tyler herro

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Oladipo
    Olajuwon

And they're both Nigerian

This could be a match made in heaven.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

So...is this trade finalized? Any idea about the holdup?

10. rockets13champs

No idea what’s the hold up. But Christian Wood on tnt did say he’s looking forward to playing with Vic for what that’s worth

DonKnock likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Forget Randle please. He doesn't play any defense. He is a Jabari Parker type of player.

12. saleem

Only the second scenario is appealing to me.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But does Oladipo have Dream potential!?

We'll need as confirmed report on this.

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Under no circumstances should we be sending out FRP’s

King1 likes this.
  15. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

That Minny pick is top 3 protected this season and unprotected next. I was hoping it’s be Oubre and the pick for oladipo straight up

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You must be the only Andrew Wiggins fan left in this country.

17. opticon

opticon Member

If Gordon is still not playing on Saturday it's likely he is involved in the Indiana deal. Know is the time to move Gordon. If other teams were hot for Victor he would be gone by now. We need to slow play this.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You can't send both Levert and Gordon to Indiana for Vic straight up. Salaries don't match up. Indy would have to send out about $14 million back to Houston.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. awc713

awc713 Member

IU alum here...

I really hope Vic gives Houston a chance. I fear we acquired him knowing good and well he’s out to Miami (or elsewhere) after the season. BUT...if he buys in, HOU fans will adore him. He’s a great team player and an incredibly hard worker. He came to IU as a lowly 3 star recruit and out-worked literally everyone in NCAA over the next 3 years. Truly crazy work ethic. He never leaves the gym. Lots of similarities to D. Wade. He’s high energy, infectious, great defense, smart, still uber athletic, will be a beast in transition and is an all around great human being as well. The more I think about it, he really is a great fit with this group of players and Silas’ offense. Silas’ system reminds me a little of Crean at IU, where Vic really thrived. I have been highly critical of Tillman, but I wonder if he is still in win now mode with intentions of keeping Vic. And while I preferred Simmons, I did have concerns with his ability to mesh with Wall, and Simmons has his fair share of drawbacks as well...we would be limited in roster construction with him as a centerpiece.

I know it feels like there’s no hope or realistic path to a ring in Houston for the next decade...but am I crazy to think that *if* Vic buys in, he and Wall can form a crazy sick defensive backcourt capable of contending with the right additions? Wall looks like he still has it and is motivated as ever, even with his absurd contract. We traded the best (disgruntled) SG in the game, but we did acquire, IMO, the 3rd best SG behind Beal. Vic’s torn quad is a big concern moving forward, but if there’s anyone who can overcome an injury, it’s Oladipo. He’s a great piece and is playing solid this year, even despite the clear tension within IND. I really hope he buys in. We may not be as far off as we think, but maybe I’m just crazy.

#459 awc713, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  20. saleem

Francis said to move out Dipo for Boston's unprotected 2025th pick. They might be pretty weakened by then. Tuck isn't being sent out along with an FRP either in this case.