1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Share some of your favorite Harden memories.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

10 turnovers in the elimination game vs Warriors

being MIA the entire 2016 season and getting his coach fired cuz he was butthurt still for getting benched vs Clippers even though he was playing like ass the entire game

letting 87 yr old Manu pack his **** in crunch time vs Spurs

letting his team miss 27 straight 3's

gagging against the Warriors with KD out.

ashleyem and J.R. like this.
  2. monster

monster Member

I loved the look away steal from DeRozan. Cold blooded!

Purvis2Short likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Spurs end of game 5 and the entirety of game 6. Not sure which was worse, Harden not showing up to the game or the Harden that showed up to the game.

ashleyem likes this.
  5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

To be fair, in contrast to the handful of memorably bad playoff games, game 4 of the 2017-2018 WCF against the warriors was Harden at his peak. He was playing d, creating for others, making his stepback, and finishing at the rim. It may not have been a perfect game for his standards percentage wise, but that was the most complete basketball player I've ever seen him be. He and cp were finally clicking together at the same time in moments against the best team of the decade. And he was leading & co-leading by example. Special times.

You could also put up some of those games against the warriors the following year. He was straight carrying for 2 games, but our team was way worse by then.

PuzzledFan likes this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I bet you must have a collection CD box for all these highlights.

7. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

My favorite memory is when he got traded.

ashleyem likes this.
  8. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

His final post game interview is right on top of the list.

ashleyem and crimsonghost like this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I remember one time when we made a big trade with OKC, and they were the ones who got screwed.

Man, those were the days.

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Wow I remember that game. I watched highlights of that game so many times... The crowd in the 4th quarter was electric.

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Nothing beats that insane game against GSW in 18-19 where he hit the game winning shot. That is the moment I believed he was capable of anything.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

He always played great against the Warriors. Remember Games 1 and 2 in 2015 WCF? He gave it all he had but came up just short. He's definitely had some stinkers but he still carried us.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, I don’t remember.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Seriously? Games 1, 2 and 4 against GS in 2015 he carried us.

Games everything in 2019 he carried us.

He shot terribly in 2018 overall, but he was still pivotal for us on both ends.

He just had a couple memorable stinkers at the end... Kind of hard when you have a 6-to-7 man rotation against the most stacked team of all time, and you're the only creator on the floor for half of your 40 minutes.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I had to go back and check that 2015 series. Not surprised I didn’t remember a series from 5 years ago in which we went down 0-3. He played great in the opening two games, but we still lost them both, and he had an awful game 3 which pretty much shut down any chance of us winning the series. His game 4 looked great, but doing that after your team is down 0-3 is not going to mean as much.

16. Aware

Aware Member

The game winner against the suns where he puts tucker on skates.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pretty much just a poll between the Harden BBQ chicken ankle breaker or the Harden flamethrower over Klay and Dray.

Just one time, when he was on...just once I wish he would've finished the game and put up 90. Just to do it.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s all a blur.

1st game as a rocket. That was special. Kind of like Yao first game against Shaq. You immediately see the special talent.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lots and lots to choose from, but the dunk on Draymond has to be the best. It was that exact moment when I started to allow myself to think "maybe we can do this". It changed the entire series tbh.

Purvis2Short likes this.
  20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Yes, his first game as a Rocket. He missed his first FG and first FT too. LOL!
    But it's all upwards right after that. Cut short by his departure. No bitterness from this end.