1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/14/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DLT

DLT Member

Lmao. He's balled out every game without Harden. Judge Wall now. The team is 2-6 with James and 2-0 without him but guys still want to act like James is the goat and the rest of the team sucks when the truth is James quit, killed the team chemistry, team morel, and brought negative energy. They all looked like they loved each other before James came back

2. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Hopefully they continue to polish their game and continue growing the team chemistry, but if they keep giving this kind of effort every night, win or lose I'll keep watching/rooting for them. I won't lie, I was ready to throw in the towel when Harden left.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Had a family commitment so could not watch live.
    Just finished on dvr.

Really fun game to watch - TEAM BALL!

Brown and Martin were amazing. Tate is awesome.

Love Wood’s three ball!

First win post Harden!

Bullard: “James Harden said these guys weren’t good enough and they showed him tonight—yes they are! “

*** the refs. One set of rules for vets/ superstars and another for rooks. *** the nba.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

They need to scrap his ISO drives from the top of the key. If they want him to ISO, pass it to him on the mid post and give him the option to face up or back down.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

T for 3 likes this.
  6. Dash

Dash Member

I'm getting a Jaesean tate jersey

7. Fefo

Fefo Member

am i the only one that thinks that firtita will trade oladipo mid season just to save money and get more assets ?( maybe a 1 first rounder or 2).
    Ani way, the team today , played like a team, good win. We will suck for a while, but thats ok, we are starting a new era and it will take time to rebuild, but im happy watching guys playing hard and sharing the ball.

Joe Rocket, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Brown has been really good pickup and wood has to make the all star reserve if he keeps it up. Great game.

Tfor3, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love the fight!

Wood, Sterling and Tate were studs.

Doesnt look like a team ready to tank to me.

I'm stoked that this team is not laying down.

B-Bob, Bo6, Lost in the World and 8 others like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. macan

macan Member

we are undefeated post Harden era

Bo6, BelgianRocketsFan and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  12. Aware

Aware Member

This team is essentially a bunch of guys playing for their next contract. Not sure if they are talented enough to win many games but they should be competitive against most teams.

Very likeable team.

hakeem94, bro2044, gatsby and 6 others like this.
  13. Elvin Hayes

Elvin Hayes Member

Addition by subtraction. Rox will scrap for the playoffs.

VoR likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I honestly don't even want Wall back if he's going to take James' defacto #1 option spot.

I said it earlier in the season that I felt Tate and Nwaba could become the best wing defenders Harden would ever play with in Houston. I'll rephrase that to say they'll be the best wing defensive duo of the past decade or two if they're given time to play and not traded immediately.

On one hand, I want Tucker traded to chase that ring. But on the other I want him here for the rest of the season to mentor Tate in every aspect of the defensive game he can. That will be absolutely invaluable.

A few more games like that and there'll be shades of the 9th seed era where you knew the team would battle every night.

Christian Wood speaks intelligently. Maybe there's hope he can wrap his head around the defensive side of the game.

Wasted post in hindsight. Apparently you're not allowed to be positive on some aspects of the Rockets whilst also wishing Harden the best.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The Adelman Rockets were so scrappy and fun to watch. So proud of these guys, a game they had no business winning. Nicely done.

hakeem94, bro2044 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Man I'm loving how open the likes of Silas, Wall, Woods and Tate are in post game interviews.
    It's only just dawned on me how defensive and closed up Harden is in his interviews.

If our team keeps even just they way they talk to the media up, it's gonna make them even easier to love, regardless of results.

B-Bob, hakeem94, bro2044 and 3 others like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

C'mon Silas, you're in Houston... don't compare any of our players to Anthony Mason. :D
    That being said, Mason ain't a bad ballplayer to be compared to.

B-Bob, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I guess the Spurs are our b****......our third win against them in a month(if you include the 2 pre-season games) ;)

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

Yea the way Tate spoke about PJs impact really had me thinking that his impact through mentoring Tate and those guys will be far greater than getting a shitty late first round pick.
    I think Wall takes the #2 spot behind C.Wood on the floor but will be the #1 spot in the locker room, which he should be in my opinion.
    Wall, despite his flaws as a player, stands for everything i want a leader to have. He‘s a hardworking, mentally tough, hardnosed defender that’s not afraid to speak up.

C.Wood is not ready to be the leader yet i think. His time will come.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'll see, I don't think it'll happen.

The best thing for the Rockets and a franchise that wants to build a culture is to put the coach in charge. Silas has his tape now. He can show the team "We play this way and you trust in the system we'll win."

That's why this game was big. Had they been blown out maybe guys start tuning him out and think Harden was right and confidence starts to dwindle...but this little victory can go a long way towards building things. He needs a lot more wins. If the Rockets want to be a culture franchise like the Miami or San Antonio that means no tanking and competing for the 8th seed at the most here. Tanking just creates a losing culture.

I like how Tate said "We're dogs." It sounds like something they are aiming to be. Wall can certainly be that. Just pass the ball to the next guy and move on, there's certainly enough plays out there for him to get his.

Everyone is getting on Wall as if he's been trash but the man is putting up solid numbers on good shooting, finishing at an impressive clip too IIRC. Yeah, the ball got sticky with him a few times but I don't think it is fair to judge him or anyone based on these last few games.

One thing people are ignoring what Ego said was...Ego said he thought it was clear Harden wasn't really into it. That's it right there. that's the quote right there. We don't need much more proof to know if Harden gave up on the team or not, Ego just said it flat out and clear and if anyone should know it'd be someone that's played with him for years, played in practice with him for years....

And you are playing this guy the most minutes a night? Your team is going to look bad. Guys are going to take selfish possessions because "Screw that guy".

I know many haven't played organized ball but if you ever have played with a ball hog (Not saying that's harden, just a comparison) then you know that the moment you get the ball you're shooting it. Why? Why pass to the guy when he's not passing to you or he's not giving a **** about playing as a team? That's likely what happened, everyone played selfishly and everyone just stopped caring because the main guy didn't care. He's just going through the motions so why should I care?

charlieaustin, Amel, B-Bob and 8 others like this.