1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

its snakes in the media. they are bought off and told what to say. So i cant trust them at all. Positive harden news dont get clicks like harden negative press.

What i can see is that survey that is taken before the start of every season. Which asks gms and coaches which players are the hardest to stop and the rankings in the league. According to the 2021 survey Harden got the highest percentage of the vote on which player makes coaches make the most adjustments( I.e. the hardest to guard). Harden was also rated the best 2 guard for like the 7th straight year

I trust what anoyomous gm's and coaches say compared to bought and paid former athletes who are trying to push an agenda. Because they dont like hardens style

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. a time to chill

Shaq was spot on here. I don't know how anyone can deny that Harden has a habit of not showing up in elimination games. Harden is mostly at fault for not winning a championship while in Houston. I was happy with the trade because I know that Harden wouldn't be able to lead us to a championship despite being such a talented player. With Harden led teams we had a lot of promise but no payoff (i.e. championships).

bro2044, ashleyem and abaker28 like this.
  3. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Dude you are really hopeless. Shaq, Barkley, Kenny, Eddie Johnson, Magic, Jordan, Calvin, and former players like them are critical on EVERYONE. I've heard them be critical on LeBron, AD, Kawhi, Lillard, Harden, Dwight, CP3, Westbrook, KD, Paul George, Curry, etc. If everyone is saying the same thing about you it's probably true. This is why the NBA is in the current state that it's in now because you young guys are SO SOFT. Anytime someone is saying something to help you it's always "you're hating" lol. Seriously all jokes aside do you honestly think all the sports media has secretly come together to "conspire" against James Harden (please answer this)? James Harden is not that important of a player for all that bro.

Space Ghost likes this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

nah harden is critisized to the point where you would almost think he is a horrible player if you didnt see the stats. Harden improved in defense over the years and the media kept running with the myth that harden didnt play defense. The media wouldnt even acknowledge that harden fixed his flaws as a player, everything harden improved on was never highlighted by the media

Curry, Luka, Lillard never get called out for their defense. Harden at least had stastical evidence that showed he was a plus defneder the past 3 years, and he didnt recieve a single all defensive vote despite having close to 100 blocks and 100 steals in 2020

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s so sad how stupid the average fan is.

Actually how stupid most NBA fans are.

Shaq started off the conversation by misleading (probably not on purpose, probably because he’s uneducated on the topic) and everyone is all like “facts...facts”

“He asked for Dwight Howard; he asked for Chris Paul” Shaq makes it appear Harden held this team captive and demanded for those guys because he’s riding off of some jackass espn writers article a month back.

He didn’t ask for Howard. Morey ensured cap space that off season and managed to sign the most wanted free agent that he and every team with space was going to try to sign; Howard chose Houston because of Harden. Thank him for somehow managing to convince a player to pick Houston over LA.

He didn’t demand Chris Paul. They were in a league where Golden State was looking unbeatable and Morey was always chasing a second star and got him in Paul. Again, star chose Houston, why’s that?

The Westbrook one is the only time Harden probably demanded something; and he was wrong at the end but he did give it his all for almost a decade and when it’s clear that the team is not improving anymore but actually going backwards, he wants to leave and try to get a ring.

Did he carry himself with the utmost professionalism this past week, no. But he’s only human. Lebron held a press conference without notifying the only team he played for with any idea of what he’s going to do and left them with nothing. But let’s act like Harden saying one crappy thing in a press conference and forcing their hand into receiving the maximum amount of future firsts and pick swaps and Oladipo is the worst thing ever done to a franchise. And after ripping into how bull***t and unfair the media has been the past 5 years, let’s all of a sudden praise them because they’re shi**ing on a guy who chose to do what’s best for him.

ktbballplaya, Air Canada, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never had a Kobe or DWade to pick up the slack
    Like Shaq did. . . .

Rocket River

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Nobody has to be angry to speak truth. Shaq has no loyalties to the Rockets. I guess he's picking on poor wittle Harden again? lol

Jturbofuel and Htown's Finest like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

watch it, they are gonna call you a harden only fan for using logic

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You are a HardenOnlyFan and it's ok bro. You don't have to defend Harden anymore on this site because thank God he's gone. You can go talk about how great Harden is and how the whole world is against him in the NBA Dish. Do us all a favor and go make a thread or something about how awesome Harden is there or simply go to the Brooklyn Nets fan board bro. I'm sure you'll be among people of your "kind" there.

10. HardenVolumeOne

you are mad the rockets didnt get tyler herro and duncan robinson arent you

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Dude WTF? You aren't talking to Brooklyn Nets fans, we are Rockets fans bro. We know exactly how all this James Harden stuff played out. Harden did ask for Dwight, CP3, and Westbrook. You're another HardenOnlyFan...

12. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I love the trade package MY TEAM got for Harden lol. Happy as can be...

TEXNIFICENT and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah, but the Rockets had won 1 playoff series in 15 years before he arrived.

14. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I have no dog in this fight. But you’re wrong. He actively recruited CP3 as shown above.

And I’m pretty sure Dwight didn’t randomly choose Houston because Harden was here. It takes two to make something that huge to happen. Dwight doesn’t leave money on the table from LAL if Harden isn’t recruiting him.

15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I wish these HardenOnlyFans would just leave bro. Even if something is a fact about Harden, in their eyes it's still a lie. SMFH...

16. Aware

Aware Member

Those are some casual takes from these guys.

I mean James might be a "me" guy off the court but i dont think you can say that as far as his game. Just because he was out here dribbling the ball for 20 seconds doesnt make him a stat chaser. James handling the ball was our best offense lol If anything he was to passive at times.

Him not being able to coexist with paul was his biggest fault but he 100% put us on his back and did right by the city. No doubt our 2nd best player of all time.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

“harden is selfish and doesn’t want to share the ball”

these 55 IQ dumbfuk jackasses have no business doing nba commentary smh

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Let's not rewrite history. Howard had no interest in staying with the Lakers, and he thought that he and Harden would co-star in Houston.

We were the only team willing to pay him the super max.

The team went backwards because of the Westbrook trade. You're basically arguing that it's ok for him to sabotage the team and then say "this team sucks.....trade me."

Wasn't Lebron about to be a free agent?

19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ight-howard-a-great-sign-for-rockets.amp.html

ilovehtownbb and Mr Woods like this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Just like Shaq did with the Magic. When his team got swept, he went to the next big team when things got tough. Also, Harden has spent more time at the Rockets than Shaq did with the Lakers.

People can hate on Harden all they want, but you can't question his loyalty. He carried us for 8 straight seasons..... with barely any all-stars next to him. He played against one of the best teams of all time on multiple occasions. He could have very well left 2 years ago; we've been on the decline since 2019. Yeah, I know Harden could have dealt with it better, but he wanted to leave way before the season started. We could have maybe traded Harden back in October and got a much better trade. We would have been better prepared and maybe could have assembled a decent team.

This is all falls on Tilman. He's completely ****ed the team over and over. He doesn't give a **** Harden has gone. He's saving 41m a year. You watch.... he'll try and move Wall next season and save more money. He's trying to save millions just so he can make a profit.

#60 aliadiere25, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021