1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is a playoff team - so put your tanks away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. OpportunityCost

I am excited about seeing the team play hard, play together, and implement more off-the-ball screens like they did tonight - it's so fun to root for and see. There's only one team that will win the Finals and 31 others won't. I look at this as beginning again and seeing how we grow in this new direction that we're moving in.

cdxiong likes this.
  2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It will be exciting to see what this team does once they get together. Making the top 10 to make the play-in tournament is possible but it's way too early to forecast.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh you

HP3 and ChillyPete32 like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

for safety

DreamShook likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Lowry Rockets were a lot more fun to watch than the Harden Rockets .... ISO ball is ugly basketball IMO , what made it acceptable was the results on most nights.

I really enjoyed the years Adleman was coach , always enjoyed the Princeton offense.

Tonight was a fun game to watch ....

BallSoHarden and Dacamel like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The swap is almost inevitable , we get the worst of the three picks involved (unless its in the top 4) - OKC , Miami and Houston.

Miami will be a playoff team and we'll end up with their pick.

Houston Rockets - Future Draft Picks | TradeNBA

Easy likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we will have to be above both OKC and Miami. Not likely. Top 4 is even less likely, imo, unless Wall goes to the shop again and Wood regresses.

But again, anything can happen this season with so many players missing games.

8. onreego

onreego Member

I can see this group being similar to the Adelman Rockets, post Yao and Tmac, where they just scrapped and never gave up.

joshuaao, BallSoHarden and Corrosion like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Making a play in spot still seems like an optimistic outcome.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ve never thought about it this deeply before, but what exactly do you consider tanking? Guys not playing hard enough on purpose? Or gutting a team of star power and just assume the others won’t be able to do much, even if they play their heart out.

I hope most organizations define it as the latter because you’ll never know what you have unless guys are giving 100%. If Tilman wants to save money, fine, but I want whoever laces up to try and win games. I don’t think intentionally losing does any good tbh

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

We might as well, were not going to get a top 4 pick.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope so

Rocket River

13. csc177

csc177 Member

I’d like the 4th pick. Just remain competitive in these games and be a tough out for most teams.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This team could sneak in as a lower seed, why not go for it?

15. sydmill

sydmill Member

Because we will get waxed in 4 straight to one of the LA teams? And then, next year, rather than having a potential franchise player (Cunningham? Suggs?) on the Rockets under contract for long years and low money the Rockets biggest addition is Kelly Oubre at near max money. All for 4 games that many here are irrationally promoting.

ilias likes this.
  16. MadRox

MadRox Member

Nets obviously didn't get the memo, Harden can not coexist with other stars. Nets will self implode within 2 seasons and become a lottery team, and those incoming unprotected lottery picks and swaps will make Stone look like a genius.
    We will end up still a playoff team while also getting lottery picks and swaps from Nets down the road, win win.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OKC right now:

[​IMG]

18. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Nobody stops this tank!! [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

This is it...

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I too feel the same way.

We lost today on the road BUT we are missing Wall, Oladipo, Gordon, House, Cousins, Brown.

Get the full team back. We played today missing our 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players out (along with 3 other key rotational players)...

Anyone who thinks we'll end up with a top 4 pick with the team as it is currently constructed is crazy. We are closer to playoffs than a top 4 pick.

Loved what I saw out of Mason Jones, obviously Wood has been terrific all season, McLemore looking solid off the bench. Love what I've seen from Tate all season.

#60 BleedRocketsRed, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Corrosion and Jayzers_100 like this.