1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

2:32

Shaq putting facts out

2. Rockets4Life13

I don't usually agree on anything shaq says, but he is spot on here.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who cares . .. its shaq

Rocket River

4. HardenVolumeOne

LeBron and klutch sports run the NBA media

thats why harden had to get out of houston, he went to brooklyn because kyrie and durant have a lockdown on lebron peeps from joining the team or organization. Lebron runs the NBA and klutch sports will long after Bron stops playing. They are the ones who are writing hit pieces on Durant and Kyrie and fat shaming harden while giving luka a pass. If you dont kiss LeBrons ass in this league he will sick the media on you

TNT has been hating on Harden for years, but now that harden has joined kyrie and durant they are all equally hated by the LeMafia, so i think they will get a long just fine

#4 HardenVolumeOne, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope Boogie fouls Harden HARD when he comes back for the first game. One good deck and a cheer and we all move on.

banzai, tinman, Der Rabbi and 24 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with Shaq. Of course, you emotional snowflakes that are angry with Harden will agree lol.

7. Mr. Space City

How did he not give his all when nobody ever thought he would be this good in the first place? Maybe he shouldn't have went from a 6th man to MVP/Scoring champ. Maybe he should've just been a 22/6/6 player and kept expectations low.

[​IMG]

If this isn't giving your all then I don't know what is.

8. HardenVolumeOne

harden has led the league in drives for years and has never missed significant time due to injury. If he fouls harden super hard or does something dirty the refs will just throw him out of the game

HP3 likes this.
  9. Rockets4Life13

What specifically do you not agree with? His stats are accurate and his conclusion sounds reasonable considering his stats. It's not like we've questioned if Harden quit on the team or not multiple times over the years.

bro2044 and pr0wler like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm ok with it and that's the reason why it would be ok to give him a hard foul. The comments were out of line and he needs to pay for them. After he does I will hold no beef with him.

GermanRakete likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

tnt and the nba media never expected harden to be this good. Certainly not better than curry. So they have to deminish every accomplishment he does, they leave him off all-nba and name him shaqtin a fool mvp. That stuff will stop, Harden will be in a much more protected media enviorment because kyrie has already called the media out for their questions. The media wont write hit pieces on the nets star players unless they want to have a job. LeMafia has no say in brooklyn. Klutch trying to facilitate harden to the sixers probably ticked harden off, so he got his own team and agency to get him sent to brooklyn. Kyrie, Harden and Durant want nothing to with the Lebron influenced media.

JumpMan, hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

As an aside, Shaq has the most bad ass old school blues guy voice now. Love it!

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think he gave it all. He is just oddly unclutch in the playoffs. Overall his numbers might be decent but he had too many really oddly terrible games in elimination situations

14. HardenVolumeOne

scott foster reffed both game 1 and game 7 on the 2018 western conference finals... BOTH ROCKETS LOSSES

Hard to win when you have criminals as referees

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Problem . . .when Shaq was missing free throws in the 4th
    When people were HACKING A SHAQ
    You know. . .that tactic that WOULD HAVE TAKEN DAMN NEAR EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP SHAQ HAS . . . .
    HE had Kobe and Dwade to BAIL HIM OUT

Harden didn't have that
    closes he got was CP3 and he had a hamstring problem

Rocket River

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

harden did give us his all...
    Sadly though, that wasn’t enough for a championship.

He’s gone so lets move on.

B-Bob, Sonicbun8, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Shaq has a point on this because no superstar has went thru getting hall of famers traded like Harden. He didn't take advantage of empowering the team as much as he needed to. You cant just make a sacrifice you have to make all the necessary sacrifices to win

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Unfortunately, it’s true. It is what it is.

Harden has more memorable “quit” games than good ones:

Clippers Game 6
    Spurs Game 6
    Warriors Game 5 (record 13 turnovers)
    The whole Portland series
    Even in the finals back with OKC

In 15 elimination games with us, he averages 26 on 40% FG with a 90 to 79 assist-turnover ratio.

In crunch time (under three minutes in playoff games) he is 17-of-50 (34%) and 3-of-19 from deep with an even assist-to-turnover ratio.

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Exactly.

I decided Shaq and Barkley were idiots a long time ago. Sometimes they'll say things you agree with and sometimes the opposite. I would never give Shaq any credit, even when I agree with him, because in 2 minutes he'll say something else that is absurd.

At least Barkley can be entertaining while being an idiot.

slothy420 and Rocket River like this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

People who say Harden don't pass, don't watch Rockets basketball. They cling to this perception.

Shaq a dominant player is in his days, but as far as critiquing modern basketball. To quote CWod, 'he's a casual'.