1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

America...land of the free...home of the stupid.

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We've had this discussion before with other posters earlier in this thread.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...ttack-on-capitol.309514/page-79#post-13339435

Read my cents here along with the ones that come before and after it to understand why these comparisons are wrong.

mdrowe00 and London'sBurning like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think we need to be careful saying this rally was an act of sedition, it's the same as saying whoever organized any BLM protest are culpable for the vandalism and looting.

With that said if any of these guys are complicit in the storming of the capital have at em.

The rally was lawful, what was said at the rally can be inciting.

mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. fchowd0311

It would be sedition because their intent was to stop the democratic process of acknowledging the results of a free and fair election. You can't be seditious because you thought the chaos of riots from police violence is a good time to steal a 50 inch flat screen.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you reach your talking point quota?

Isn't your video being divisive?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do you know if he or them was advocating anything other than the Rally?

My point is you don't know what their intent was, all that video is showing is that they worked to organize a rally.

7. fchowd0311

Here's the thing. When someone shouts "fire" in a crowded movie theater, no one has to hear the person shooting "fire!" to also get outside of the theater. It's implied. Hence you can be charged for inciting a panic that might result in injuries and property damage if you just say "Fire!" instead of precisely saying "Fire! Everyone get out!".

Same thing applies here. When you spread a demonstrably false narrative that the election was stolen and is fraudulent and all legal recourse have been spent, many Americans would feel morally obliged to a violent revolution. You are inciting people into believing they have no choice besides storming the Capitol building.

Let's say a Democrat politicians made up false stories that mass amount of innocent Muslims are held in concentration camps being summarily executed in Texas and provides a location of the alleged camp and a group of people infiltrate in an armed insurrection of the alleged camp because they believe they are freeing those people. That democrat politician should be also legally liable.

#2187 fchowd0311, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Alexander’s voice grew more menacing in the lead-up to the Jan. 6 rally. He tweeted that he would “give my life for this fight,” a call that was promoted by the Arizona Republican Party.

Alexander also began tweeting frequently about “1776,” a reference to the start of the American Revolution. Alexander wrote in one post that the choice was “45”—Trump’s re-election—“or 1776.” In another message, he wrote that “1776 is always an option for free men and women.”

Most pointedly, Alexander responded to a tweet from QAnon-supporter Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) claiming that top congressional leaders were working to block objections to the electoral vote. If that happened, Alexander said, he and hundreds of thousands of other protesters would “1776” the Capitol.

“If they do this, everyone can guess what me and 500,000 others will do to that building,” Alexander tweeted on Dec. 30. “1776 is *always* an option”

we can see what his intent really was

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I missed that.

Get a rope.

10. malakas

malakas Member

a)they were given free accomodation
    b)they came with ropes and bombs
    c)they had trained for this as demonstrated by the evidence from the Zello app
    d)They had clear directions where to find the offices of politicians
    e)They met little resistance by the police : no horse patrols, no helicopters, only 1/5 of the Capitol police on duty, the NG took 3 hours to come
    f) Their aim was to abduct or even kill politicians as evidenced by the call to hang Pence, by their dicussions in Zello
    g) DURING the events Trump and Gulliani called senators and reps to STALL for more time.

This is a failed coup not an insurrection.

mdrowe00, No Worries and Blatz like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Not only incitement with words
    It is organising and preparing for a coup with money and intelligence. And compromising military and law authorities.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

even in 2016 Hillary already warned everyone Donny won't accept the results if he lost. He will says the system is rigged and will do everything to overturn the results. And that includes ******** on democracy and the constitution.

mdrowe00, jiggyfly and Blatz like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope Trump pardons these goons and trigger a contitutional crisis.

The Executive is out of control.

malakas likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

with arms, pipebombs, ties, etc

and they executed it

they were just inches away from the senate and they badly wanted Pence's blood

Reeko, mdrowe00, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

the more I learn about this guy, all I can ask is was it worth it

Was it worth it being a traitor to this country? Was it worth it being used as a prop by white supremacists?

now he’s in hiding from the FBI...might need to start squealing even more to see if he can reduce his sentence once he’s inevitably captured

these politicians know the election wasn’t stolen and that there wasn’t massive fraud, yet they continue the games riling up these mindless MAGA drones to do things like storm the Capitol

These idiots talk about 1776, Civil War, etc against their own country, and for what? All over obvious lies...

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with a lot of your soapbox comment and apologize for the "adults" comment if you were sincere. But I'd say I'm less interested in having some narrative or "cancelling" anybody and much more interested in staying on this thread topic, a critical and developing story. Living through history, that sort of thing.

I feel we went round and round about the summer protests and violence in other threads but those threads are still open and you could bump those back into currency if you wanted.

EDIT: Here's some unfortunate actual cancel culture related to the Capitol MAG-Attack, (did I just invent that?) Internet warriors get the wrong "Becky's Flowers" and make life miserable for a family business that had nothing to do with the attack. Sigh. Everyone has to do their homework before getting angry and targeting others.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article...oter-15871654.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

#2196 B-Bob, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is where differentiating the motivations behind the two events is important. Following George Floyd the goal was calling attention to racial injustice from LE. While those protests did end up spiraling into destruction and violence the purpose of the original protests wasn't seditious. Further much of the looting and destruction carried out during those was not by people pushing for racial justice but by opportunists and provocateurs looking to further inflame things for their own benefit. That's why I've said that the looting destruction should be condemned unequivocally because much of it had nothing to do with social justice and was madness.

What happened though at the Capitol was specifically about overturning a US election that had been thoroughly adjudicated and conducted lawfully according to the US Constitution. The vast majority of people there weren't just opportunists looking to loot and burn sh^t because it was fun but made their goals clear with Trump flags and other paraphernalia and in many cases told you why they were there.

Hakeemtheking, mdrowe00 and malakas like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the brainwashing never ends

almost every time these GOP politicians get any heat, they will mention something about liberals and left-wing fake news media

almost every time, without fail

I really don’t know how u stop this...the right wing is allowed to lie without shame, and the idiots eat all of it up questioning nothing

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Link?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It was Limbaugh's absolute genius before "fake news."
    Inconvenient, fact-filled story put your team in a bad light? Just make the story about referee bias without addressing the facts or refuting the story.

"I mean, sure, maybe I hacked the guy when he was shooting, a little, but this ref sucks -- he's always mean to our team!"