1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stone age begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

See what you dont get is as a fan your voice does matter. Especially in this day and age. If you are a fan, youre actually working against your own interest by not calling out the franchise on their bullshit. Do you think tilmen fertita would survive a month as owner of the la lakers? Even through their worst years every move theyve made whether good or bad has been an attempt to improve the team

And idk how else to put this. You are being purposefully dense if you think wall and oladipo are going to surprise us and win a championship against lebron and ad or harden and durant.

HP3 likes this.
  2. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Comparing two completely different markets in LA vs Houston is your first flaw. There is a reason why the LA is able to attract stars after stars and it has a lot to do with the market opportunities outside sports for star players in LA. Second, you are putting words that i never mentioned. I never said Wall & Oladipo equals championship. I clearly stated they could either be surprising or BUST! Odds are completely against them to win a title, even I understand that but at least we can give credit for players to put in the effort and thats what makes a true fan to stick around in good times and bad. Whether Tillman is the next Dolan is yet to be seen but until then support your team man.

Constantly berating the owner, coach, players and GM is not going to change the facts nor they care to listen to you.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone Age is absolutely brilliant. very strong work. 10/10

4. Nash

Nash Member

Not sure if "stone Age" refers to a caveman paleolithic mindset with primitive tools or if it refers to the use of Cannabis.. could someone enlighten me?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That step 6 - acquire generational superstar, tends to be the kicker

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans waking up this morning to the realization

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He managed to get 4X more for a Superstar on the decline than Morey did. Not a bad start.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

After a night's rest, I'm feeling more positive. Our rotation isn't bad, and we've more than replenished our draft capital. Now it's just a wait and see game.

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yabba dabba do

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This is not about market because it wouldnt fly in a shithole like boston either. I get it though, there are a lot of life long defeatists here who are contempt with being handed an awful product and will come back for it year in year out. Its no wonder the texans have gotten away with having one of the worst organizations in sports for so long, selling out every single game. The fact that you still feel the need to give the benefit of the doubt to an owner who has lied to you at every opportunity is pitiful

HP3 likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Oh no he is multiplying

HP3 likes this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

and his son

HP3 likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't expect this before summer of 2022. The FAs for this coming off-season are underwhelming, and one of the best is already on our roster (Oladipo).

14. kiwirocketsfan

Yao - no championship
    TMac - no championship
    Yao and TMac - no championhsip
    Harden - no championship

Rocket's have had superstars, but still came up empty.

Only one team can have THE generational superstar, the other teams are shifting deck chairs on the Titanic

15. MadRox

MadRox Member

Absolutely, until Wood can put on 10-20lbs of muscle, he's too weak to defend centers. We need to start Cousins at C and wood at PF, and then go get a backup big.

abaker28 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Stone is fine, he has done a hell of a job considering the circumstances. Tilman basically forced his hand with some of these moves. I don’t question his skills at all.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Loooooool. Good or bad petition to rename this dude Peanut Head. I really don’t like this guy.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sigh. Children who count shiny rings only is part of the reason why we are a dumpster fire of a team for the foreseeable future.

Who won more rings, Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson? Who is remembered more today?

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Before Harden, 1 playoff series win in 15 years.

20. kiwirocketsfan

Not sure what your point is. I read this as, it's not about winning a championship.