1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/c...ley-zero-chance-harden-will-work-in-brooklyn/

Dan Patrick:
    “Last time I talked to you about this topic with James Harden, that was November 25th, and you didn’t think it could work. Change your opinion?”

Charles Barkley:“Not at all. I don’t think it’s going to work. I thought they brought him in because they weren’t sure what was going to happen with Kyrie (Irving). They brought him in as an insurance policy. And now, I think it’s going to be fascinating watching those three guys play together IF they all play together. We have no idea what’s going on with Kyrie but no, I don’t think it’s going to work at all because those other guys don’t bring any diversity to the table. Those other two guys; they are offensive players. They don’t play defense, they don’t rebound. There’s only one basketball. I think it’s got zero chance of working.”

2. WiltTheStilt13

Are we sure Harden got traded to the Nets, because BraBra said it was a done deal to Philly???

Roomba, Patience, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This may be treasonous... I’m rooting for the Nets in the East and vs. Ledouche. At least I don’t have to suffer during the rebuild.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. csc177

csc177 Member

ALL EYES are on you Stone - interested to see what you’ve learned over the last decade, how you’ll navigate a cheap owner, and how your touted negotiating skills as a deal man will make the rockets relevant again....

If you somehow figure it out...you will be a Houston legend!

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

McGrady didn't make other players better, Harden does. If McGrady just got Yao the ball more and worked with him, We might have a title

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/james-harden-trade-grades-nets-rockets

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...nstoppable-rockets-start-anew-with-huge-haul/

BHannes2BHonest and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You antagonize me because you only bring up the negative it's as simple as that.

Your memory is not accurate because you only choose to remember the negative, you ignore overall he has been very good in the playoffs.

Its especially telling that you don't think scoring 32 points in a playoff game as being impressive, you must that guy.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I love reading rubbish in the morning. He has had quite a few in his career.............................just quietly who had the key defensive play to win the series against the Thunder in the Playoffs last year.........J.....................Harden. he also score 30+ in 5 of the 7 games of the series on 46 percent shooting

Patience and jiggyfly like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Those Bird numbers are eye popping, thanks for bringing some actual history to this topic.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Way to backtrack.

I mean what's your point by using that specific of a time frame?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you fondly remember one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA and certainly Rockets history but everything you remember about Harden is a negative?

That makes total sense.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

WITH THE 5TH PICK IN THE 2021 NBA DRAFT THE OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER SELECT.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's not an exaggeration. They won 1 playoff series in 15 years.

Reeko and YOLO like this.
  16. Mr. Space City

It finally hit me how little I care about the current players on this roster. None of these guys outside of Wood are going to be apart of the Rockets future, by the time the Rockets are even somewhat ready to compete 90% of this roster will be out of the league. It's just a bunch of guys wearing a Rockets jersey at this point.

jiggyfly and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Ah I read that as 1 playoff moment lol.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You do understand it's possible to have different recollections to different events. Not sure if it's reading comprehension or the sentence structure or willful ignorance which leads you to percieve that my sentence -
    And derived that I only having fond memories of the Yao blowout.

To put it simply so you'll understand... The fondness I stated was for the first two games, the ryan bowen and tmac defensive effort. The sadness was for the eventual blowout. Just as I stated later how those teams were easy to love yet also easy to hate for always coming up short.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

BraBra also doesn't believe in COVID. Are we sure BraBra isn't Kyrie's burner account?

jiggyfly and WiltTheStilt13 like this.