1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Think you’ll still be a die hard fan by the time we are contenders again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketStan, Jan 14, 2021.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's better than getting your hopes up for the mirage that we were. That 2018 season was cool, but spiraled when exposed.. meaning it was a mirage. We weren't as deep as we thought. The Warriors were. I look forward to building something real and solid. Having those picks from a team that may be flailing in the future makes it to where we don't have to suck to get better. We just need someone else to suck.

We'll rebuild quicker than we imagine.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also the Rockets since 1984, we have had three seasons that were below .500. Three... In a span of almost 40 years... Three.

Just want to point that out for all the Harden only fans who think the Rockets franchise sucks outside of Harden.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or not softly

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If you stare at the water as long as you can, you can find a fish there.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i disagree. the goal of competitive sports is to put yourself in position to have a chance to win. unless losers are just ok with losing, then on that note that's just someone's horrible preference. all this hindsight talk is nonsense. I'd 100% go through all these 50+ wins seasons and playoffs runs over watching years of losing and not making the playoffs. folks telling themselves the latter is much more preferable are out of their minds. lets see how long that logic keeps up

Red.Glare likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Been killed by Not Firm t*** again and again.

[​IMG]

#46 daywalker02, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

nowhere did anyone say the franchise has sucked historically...we are talking about being very good or contenders, not just above .500

Any more useless posts u want to quote me with?

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You’re a die hard or you’re not. I could root for James/KD/Nets for now while we rebuild. At least they’re in the East and nobody is beating LA except the Nets who are now elite... once Kyrie gets back on his crazy meds.

9. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Man I was there when Sampson hit the shot and when Sichting caught them hands from “Akeem”. Since the kiss of death, when McGrady sucked the gravity out of the building, 13 in 35, we came back against the Clippers with J Smoove, we had the Warriors on the ropes..... man I ain’t going nowhere.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

The diction and framing of your post made it sound like you wanted to portray my franchise as **** outside of Harden and knowing your positing history of aggressively carrying his water, I made the inference. It's rational I believe.

11. fchowd0311

Rooting for the Nets is diametrically opposed to the health of our franchise you supposedly root for, you understand that? The better the Nets are, the worse their draft picks are for us.

If you are a true Rocket fan, you want the Nets to fail. This is how the Celtics got their rebuild to be so successful.

harold bingo and Ramo$e like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Some people love having their hearts broken. Some people just want to have a actual team. We will get better but we have to get worse first. No more relying on former 6th mans.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes you get worse first, that's obvious. hence years of losing and no playoffs. that's where the rockets are at now

emotion is part of being a fan of sports. especially if you're passionate and a fanatic

14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Oh ok sounded like you were reminiscing about something that's over.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ill always be a Rocketsfan. That being said, I might skip games now thatare not that interesting until the Rockets start winning again.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re a fcking idiot...stop wasting my time with your dumbass posts

Above .500? Yeah, cool. I’m talking about being contender and winning playoff series.

u probably thought u were saying something profound, but u weren’t...now try again tomorrow if you’re capable of not quoting me something useless

YOLO likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Dude, if you think being only below .500 3 times in almost 40 years isn't impressive you aren't be Rocket fan. I've told causal NBA fans that who couldn't give two ***** about the Rockets and aren't from Houston and they were like "holy **** I never knew the Rockets were that consistently good always".

You dismissing it shows where your true allegences are.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You have to live with the ebb and flow of sports... except the Texans f*ck them.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

once again, u miss the point and bring up some irrelevant sh*t

Idgaf what u told anyone...more irrelevant sh*t

Can u read? Let me spell it out for u yet again. We are talking about about being a contender and winning playoff series, not just being above .500.

u simply can’t hang when it comes to talking basketball...stop wasting my time with all these useless ass posts u stay quoting me with

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll be a fan no matter what. It's just sports. Rockets subking for 50 years isn't some crime against humanity. It's entertainment at the end of the day, remember that. Rockets sucking has nothing to do with you as a person nor should them playing bad embarass you or affect you in any way.

With that said. I'm not pessimistic about the future until I have reason to be. It's entirely possible that Stone is a good GM and Silas is a culture-building coach that will keep the team afloat/relevant for years to come. Who knows. Anyone pretending to know the future have a narrative to sell.

Until Tilman's team sucks for years and years like the Knicks I won't claim that's us.

fchowd0311 likes this.