1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. beardsanity713

James Lame af So he will change his game for KD & Kyrie but not CP3??
    Dude a coward stat padded created his entire Brand here then left with no rings to show for it. But wants to team up with a guy who is a know beta & had chances to join him on Rockets

2. beardsanity713

The national media is ecstatic that he is out of HTown

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Every important playoff game he disappeared, that is a fact. Go back and watch all playoff games, he carries the team just so much, and as soon as he gets pressured, he gets tired and fails. Sure, he could have gone 30ppg but that still was not good enough. When it counted, he wasnt there...

Close to McGrady on how he failed. McHarden accomplished much more than TMac

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

if a joke post to underline my point, nicely done, but:
    Use the sarcasm font.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'd rather pay it to the Biden administration......

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danny Ainge: Price For James Harden Was Really High For Us

During an interview on Thursday following the completion of the James Harden trade, Danny Ainge revealed the Boston Celtics were involved in the trade talks but that the price wasn't to their liking.

"Yeah, we had conversations regarding James, not recently but yeah, we did have conversations," Ainge said. "We had numerous talks, but the price really wasn't changing. The price was really high for us, and it was something we really didn't want to do ... I think unanimously, we decided it wasn't time for us and it wasn't the price."

Ramona Shelburne of ESPN reported that the Celtics were the third team involved in trade discussions along with the Brooklyn Nets and Philadelphia 76ers.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Brown nor Tatum were on the table.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Aka Tatum/brown were untouchable

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He can make that up easily with endorsements being in a THE major media market.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is that fair?

It was one game.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm not sad at all as it was to be expected. I saw this coming ever since they got bounced out of the playoffs by the Lakers. Once D'Antoni and then Morey bailed you had to know that Harden wasn't going to stick around. That's not what he's about: "Sorry" Houston, you did everything I wanted and it didn't work out. Not my problem anymore. Too bad - sucks to be you. Holla the next time you're up in the Big Apple. At this point in his career, it's all about getting that ring and nothing else. After all, even D Howard now has one, right?

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Saying he's not LeBron, bird, mj, Hakeem in the playoffs is an understatement.

The reality is, Harden never had a defining moment or series in the postseason... Not any positive ones anyways.

Superstars, top 50 all time players are expected to have memorable performances when it matter most.

I wonder what rockets fan think of when they are asked what playoff moment they think in regards to James Harden.

5 - 10 years from now (unless something changes) I'll surely recall, the gsw 13 turnovers game, the lillard dagger series, spurs game 6, the 27 miss 3 game, the lou Dort game and the clippers bench game before anything else.

Amel and dc rock like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Our goal is to suck so bad this year, we get our own pick back by being in the top 3. Trade Oladipo Miami for expirings and one of their young shooters. Try to unload Gordan for a pick or expiring. Go into total tank this year and try to build to get better than OKC by 2024.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

30+ points in a game 7 says high.

He is not even close to McGrady which shows that nobody should take your hate seriously.

I don't understand why the level of hyperbole has to be so high.

baller4life315 likes this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

was definitely a joke. but i agree. i was even thinking the other day how much my basketball posting has become "troll-like" because that's how it is these days. it's addicting.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Ainge, with hands in pocket, also said, "I really thought Rafael would have accepted our counter offer of Kemba, Smart, and 8 2nd Round picks"

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Scoring 30 in a game 7 is not a defining moment?

I remember that moment because it's when I realized he was a truly great player, there was nothing GSW could do to stop him.

He has had defining moments you just choose to not acknowledge them.

You are the one who chooses to remember only the bad.

Why don't you remember how he dueled both Curry and Klay point for point down the stretch in that 13 turnover game he was the only reason we had a chance in the last possession.

It must suck that you remember more negative things than positive things.

baller4life315 likes this.
  18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL ok hate...

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets had only 1 playoff moment in the 15 years prior.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bruh, its like talking to a wall, McHarden fans are annoying...the good thing is, couple a years and they all will be gone..

blahblehblah likes this.