1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man... this hurts.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 13, 2021.

1. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

His jersey will be in the rafters one day

Patience likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but will it be the Brooklyn jersey

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

The Tilman effect - we traded to save TF money. I don't think he cares about winning a championship.

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Tracy left because he was physically broken and didn't want to play the prime role in any shape or form. After getting drop kicked, gouged and bleeding from an eye and having a legit scoring dunk taken away, Harden knew being a Rocket is too much a liability from winning.

#84 Sanctity, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Supermac34 likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. I am not a Harden hater. But I do know lots of non-Rockets fans who despise Harden. In fact, I have not met a non-Rockets fan who appreciates Harden's game.

One guy I know, who actually liked the Rockets (not really a fan) before the Harden era. He texted yesterday that he could now resume wishing the Rockets well.

People here complain about Harden being hated by the media. Yeah, he is pretty much universally hated outside of his team's fanbase. Now you can freely join them!

Jontro and bro2044 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

buckle up folks. it's going to be pretty funny when people realize harden is now going to get a ton of love from the outside world now that hes with the nets and they start rolling

7. alethios

alethios Member

that's the part that hurts the most. I get that Harden didn't like it here anymore and I sort of understand why. I don't like the way he handled it. But I'm especially going to hate how the media narrative will change now that he's with the Nets.

bro2044 and YOLO like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the Rockets or Houston. Why would anyone hate the city of Houston or the Rockets organization? I have not yet heard a good reason for media conspiracy against us. During the Yao era, there were lots of non-Houston people rooting for the Rockets.

Those who live outside of Houston know what I am talking about.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

something many of us are still trying to figure out

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets will be a national afterthought , but that's the cost of a rebuild. Whatevs

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'm trying to think of this like Portland fans when Drexler got traded to Houston. Yeah, it sucks, but he gave this team the best years of his career. If he wins in Brooklyn it will help validate all his success in Houston. The guy is the second best player in franchise history and had a lot of great success here. His jersey should be retired in Houston someday. It will take a couple years to get over it, but I think people will realize that eventually.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Man... this hurts.

I totally get that. Its does and it has, but it would have hurt more if he stayed.

bro2044 likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I tell you it's Harden. I don't know how many times I had to defend Harden against my friends. It's not about the Rockets.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet the narrative is about to change real soon with him. like I said buckle up

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

It is what it is, he wanted out and we granted him his wish and to his favorite destination. Definitely a very ****ed up way to end it with the words that he said after last game.

Say whatever you want to say about him, I'll never forget the years that he spent here. The dude made us relevant every year and took us to the playoffs. did he come up short? sure he did, but the dude ****ing balled out of his mind here and became arguably the best player in the league for 3-4 years. Never believed in load management and always played through injuries. It was great having the best scorer in NBA regular season history and watching his game evolve and becoming scoring machine.

From the 60 points triple double to beating the warriors in overtime with with that heroic shot, I mean bruh.....having this dude on our team was a pleasure and so much fun. I hope he succeed in Brooklyn and wins a chip. But it was time to move on and new beginning.

YOLO likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the hate is on Harden, not on the Rockets, why would people change the narrative when he changed team?

Anyway, we'll see.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

because he's on a better team who've become one of the top clear cut favorites, that's likely going to win a ship in a market that will get the attention. The same new york media that tried to blast him for years, are now going to be all over his nuts when the nets start rolling. lets not act like the outside world and media have a consistency in logic. That's never been the case. It's always a pick and choose agenda that can garner the clicks and attention

ryano2009 likes this.
  18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

THIS!!!!!

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:D:D:D

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

So you're saying Spike Lee has no choice but to supercede his love for the Knicks in favor of the Nets? Finally?