1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man... this hurts.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Delusional af ... Francis and Mobley? Lol shitposters gotta shitpost

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

He gave us much more than TMac and played way more than any other superstars in the league and didn't load manage.... This is silly

3. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Where is the young up and coming star that we were supposed to get in this trade? Man, not having Harden and not even getting a future star really sucks.

You can get all the draft picks u want but if you don’t know how to draft then you are really screwed as a franchise. At least with a young star you can build around him and players may want to come in and join the team.

We really are the pre Harden Rockets again, not bad enough to tank and not good enough to get to the playoffs, with no future star on the roster.

NBA free agency has become a different animal, players with star potential don’t leave and star players in their prime only go to established teams missing that one piece or major markets.

palmsnbananas and True Rocket like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We are the laughing stock of the nba. We allowed a player to hold our team hostage. We gave into his demands. And what’s more, we didn’t get anything of concrete value in return. We just squandered the best asset we’ll ever have without even getting back a young star prospect in return. And what’s more, it’s starting to look like a lot of the return is about dumping salary.

how did we get here? In the few short yrs Tillman has owned the team we went from title contender to laughing stock. If this isn’t rock bottom I don’t know what is. Wake me up in 4 yrs and maybe we’ll be rounding the corner back to respectability. Right around the time Trump becomes president again ...with the help of Tillman’s money of course. You see he’s not cheap, rather he just chooses to spend money on other things. ;)

CHI likes this.
  5. Victorious

Victorious Member

What hurts is we were the only city to have his back. When literally every other nba fans are crapping on him and discrediting every accomplishment, downplaying his greatness, rockets fans were always there to shut that ish down and defend our guy.

Knowing our luck, Harden is now universally loved by all nba fans, will lead the Nets to the nba finals and will win a championship.....for Brooklyn :(

6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Just rewatched the interview with Silas. I feel bad for coach, especially that last question regarding Harden’s statement. You can clearly see he felt bad & hurt by it.

Coach is a nice person he didn’t deserve the disrespect he got from Harden. I mean Harden vouched for him and then quits? Wtf

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

The fact we couldn’t get a young star puts me in a depression. Finally home alone so I can cry in the dark in peace.

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You wish.

Even Lebron was not universally loved. Michael Jordan had his enemies as well.

Revered by just a sheer amount of fairweather fans.

And they did win a lot of titles.

Nobody is universally loved in a divided society. Just have to deal with it.

The Nets have the 21st Defense right now. (D won't take care of itself because you have the best 3 scorers in the game......people still think Offense is an automatic championship)

DeAndre Jordan is absolutely washed right now.

It would at least take 1 or 2 years to get the right defenders around them.

#69 daywalker02, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I didn't know that Brooklyn was in the conference finals? Let the season play out first.

joshuaao and Ramo$e like this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Finally real Rockets fans. Honestly I'm glad the circus is gone. Would have loved to keep him but it didn't work it like that. He's gone time to move on.

FYI to the kids here. Cat's game was quicker, smoother than HARDEN's. Shot silky smooth unlike Hardens recently steaky stroke. Couldn't drop dimes like Harden but had everything else. A true SG. No hybrid wanna be!

#71 Ramo$e, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    RKREBORN likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm skeptical on how that team will work out for Brooklyn, their defense is gonna be so trash unless they trade Kyrie or Dinwiddie (who's out for the season) for 3&D guys or maybe even a defensive center. They have no FRPs to trade so it'll be difficult.

I'm a Rockets fan first so I'm rooting for them to fail but if Harden does end up winning a ring, I can't help but be happy for him since I've watched him play here from day 1. I still remember that Pistons game with Lin, Asik, Delfino, Parsons, 2pat, Mr. Francisco Garcia, Douglas, Young Patbev, DMO and the hobo stomper. The latter half we found through undrafted player/low picks. Oh right, I forgot we had M. Morris too but we could've drafted Kawhi instead (If we had drafted Kawhi, we'd probably have won at least 2 rings by now).

joshuaao, Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

we are also the laughing stock in the NFL, and some also say we are in MLB too because of what went down a few years ago. Good times to be a sports fan in Houston!

joshuaao, palmsnbananas and Ramo$e like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sucks to lose Harden. Yesterday was a difficult day as a Rockets fan. I don't take anything for granted and I certainly appreciated the 8 years of the Harden era.

I don't understand how people are upset at the deal as well. We squeezed out a lot of good value out of Harden. It was either a ton of picks or a good young star. Anthony Davis came with a perfect storm which is why NOLA was able to get such good value back. Many of you fooled yourselves thinking we could get a similar haul back for Harden, but in reality no team was offering both things. We either got good picks or a good young player. Tyler Herro or Ben Simmons are not cornerstone talent, so personally I am glad we took the picks.

I get it, most fans are impatient because it's going to take a while to see any value from those picks, but I'll be here watching the shitty ass team for years to come. I also get it, picks may be **** as well, but I think there is a good chance we eventually end up with good lottery picks. At least all of them are unprotected.

bro2044 and joshuaao like this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I remember fading in playoffs was ok with him as long as he got us there or put up big numbers so we can proclaim this 6man was a star. Everytime it was Harden time to show up and show out he plays well 3 quarters then gets lost in the 4th. Really hard to appreciate what he brought without acknowledging he literally tried to destroy this franchise on the way out. Yo f*ck this guy! He could plot and plan with KD now but couldn't convince him to come here over Warriors? Didn't even take note on how to take 2 year deals instead of signing a extension. He is selfish. It's very apparent Harden was never a leader(probably why he used to come off the bench) is and always will be a follower and that's why we didn't win with him folding like he does. Awesome player, nice beard, terrible leadership. I appreciate the entertainment he provided but just like he called it like he seen it saying "we're just not good enough". Let's call a spade a spade.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Both can be....

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

We are plenty plenty bad enough to tank. The rockets will lose a S ton of games this season.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

JIM ROME JUST RACKED THIS TAKE

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

The reality is that the Rockets had gone as far as they could with Harden. Old players on big contracts made it impossible for the Rockets to improve the team. The Westbrook trade put the nail in the coffin. The Rockets wanted to keep Harden, but Harden wanted to leave. Morey also wanted to leave. D’Antoni wanted to leave, Russ wanted to leave. See a pattern? It was time for a rebuild. Too bad things got ugly at the end, because it made both Harden and the Rockets look bad.

I wouldn’t focus on who hated Harden, or who loved Harden. I would focus on the owner. When Tilman bought the team, it was a contender. It was a team someone else had constructed. Now let’s see if Tilman has any idea about how to build a team.