1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. gogispade

gogispade Member

Lol, all the time they were talking about getting YOUNG ALL STAR PLAYER + picks. We ended up with Oladipo & Dante Exum. Congrats FO, dark days/years ahead of us.

treyk3, nigma2000 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I guess i was correct...Another 5 years...

My last image of the last game i watched was when a certain tall dude was crying/upset in the Lakers playoff game in the Hall way, where he desperately wanted to play. I recall that was my last time i seen somebody who didn't care about the money, playing with other super dudes and basically saying "This is my rocket team, live or die".

Good thing, i can re-watch the 1990's if I want to see championships

banzai and GermanRakete like this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

KD could hurt his achilles again. harden is fat and could get injured. kyrie may never play again. i know everyone is pointing at the last nets trade like this, but it really seems like a good chance that it happens again. they're already only 6-6 with kd and kyrie and don't play defense. this doesn't change that. unless they get some min contract quality players, this could fall apart quickly and these picks could be worth a lot. bad news is top 4 picks still don't have a huge chance of turning into anything amazing. usually you need to be straight up #1 in a duncan/lebron year to be assured of success.

4. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

The original OKC Big3 that lost to the Heat in the NBA Finals was split up because Harden wanted a bigger role (and Max Money).

5. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

It could actually work because KD can take over in crunch time, so no one will notice Harden shrinking.

Kyrie is the question mark.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Their ceiling is so high that anything short of NBA Finals is a flop. Even with one of them getting injury... Harden Ain't getting no free pass this time while having 2 superstars(while one of them is better than him). If he is a champion they will win if he a choker... well they still might be since there's Durantula and mr dagger in Currys face in the pivotal finals game lol. The other two guys are proven assasins. TBH for me a basketball fan this is ****ing entertaining and I will watch them for sure. I just can't imagine ANY defense slowing this **** down when three of them play. You liked lobs to Capela? Cool now he has DeAndre. Pick and pop? Sure there's ****ing KD popping from pick. Doubling Harden and leaving Kyrie open? Good luck. Putting big defense like Lakers and pressuring Harden? Cool now Durant has iso on the high post and you can't double him because there's Joe ****ing Harris shooting 40+% from 3, James Harden and Kyrie Irving on the perimeter. Bruh this **** is short of prime GSW only because of their bench and we still don't know if any ring chasers will sign with them for bag of peanuts

banzai likes this.
  7. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Harden wanted both.

markelliott1997 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys really should watch the thirty for thirty on that OKC team. That's not what happend. Harden wanted money but OKC gave an offer and a limited amount of time to decide before they trade Harden.

banzai likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We have a future!!!

10. banzai

8 unprotected pics = more chance at getting a lottery. That’s a haul. Time to move on. Let Harden win a championship and Rockets to recover from covid. And watch Wall, Oladipo, House Jr., Boogie, and Wood raise hell! You still deep as hell - Bmac, Tucker, Tate, Nwaba, Exum, Gordon.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Tucker will be traded for draft picks soon. We can use Oladipo to exchange with Beal

12. banzai

Brooklyn Chinese Owned?

13. banzai

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

sure offensively they should be amazing. but the things about gsw was always that they also had a DPOY defender in draymond and another amazing defender in iggy and both of them just so happened to be great passers so they still had offensive value. and durant almost certainly won't play D like he used to after the injury.

and we literally don't know if kyrie will ever play for them again. so lots of upside if everyone is on the court, way more pitfalls than gsw.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

All that sounds nice but your thesis did not mention anything at all about their defense. Dynasty GSW played championship level defense. I don't think this Nets team is going play defense half as good as that Warriors team.

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Damn man, you stole my thunder LMAO. Me and you were thinking the same exact thoughts about @bmelo post. DEFENSE

17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

What happened to Kevin Eschenfelder?

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Man, I can't believe Rockets are trading Harden for a few draft picks. The problem is those are high draft picks because the Nets are contender. They should have gotten back a star like Simmons but I guess they don't want another ball dominant.

19. gogispade

gogispade Member

I would trade PJ for a SRP in a heartbeat to a Dertoit-ish team. Hate his body language from the beginning of the season.

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Exactly. They should get a young rising star. Lets wait if they flip Oladipo, PJ & picks for Herro or smth like that.