1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I think we're in agreement that Miami will value Herro on his rookie deal substantially more than paying Dipo $30mm a year or whatever.

I'm mainly clearing up the misconception about them signing him outright. They could renounce cap holds/decline team options/trade players to allow them to easily have room to sign him for a close to max deal if that's what he will cost. But if they decide they want him by the trade deadline (no idea if they will) they would be much better off in terms of roster construction giving us a non-Herro asset to trade for him instead of opening up the space to sign him if he will end up costing max-ish money.

joshuaao likes this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Some of you need to realize that we didn't trade James Harden for Oladipo. We traded LaVert and a 2nd round pick for Oladipo. Much lower in value in that transaction than the former. Let it sink in.

Hakeemtheking and YOLO like this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

So no examples?

4. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oladipo for Herro just in this page.
    Whats your problem?

If you prefer our multiple future lottery picks and pick swaps than Brown you MUST be a homer.:rolleyes:

Didnt know I would find a Brown stan here.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

No Brown stan here. I just keep up with the rest of the NBA than someone who has an e-collar view of the Rockets only.

You realize your second paragraph is you, right?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

7. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

At no stage did anyone say they offered all the picks completely unprotected. Even Shams has said that was the reason that swayed the front office.

8. malakas

malakas Member

You realise it was sarcasm right?
    I even put a rolleyes,
    I dont know how I can make it more obvious.

Anyway I like the tradr and I am very satisfied.

I can see that you are not but still no reason to start lashing at everyone here, insulting other posters for no reason and believe that the opinion of Boston fans is some kind of standard we should measure ourselves against.

Better leave this convo here. Have a nice day.

9. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

It is not just Celtics fans, it's the entire NBA fanbase who are aware of Brown's value.

Bye.

11. pass_to_Hakeem

thank you Tilman Fertits

D-rock likes this.
  12. mightybosstone

But does Miami want Oladipo? Also, it's a moot point anyway if the Rockets don't figure it out and play better basketball. Because, if so, he's going to be gone by the trade deadline anyway.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Miami actually does want Oladipo for the right price ofcourse (imo, we would've been better trying to trade Lavert later for a bigger haul)

The Heat are on Butler's timeline, they know they're not gonna be good enough to get out of the East this year unless they add a star level guard to help Butler. They wanted Harden but didn't get him so now they'll probably probe for one of these 3: Lowry/Oladipo/Beal.

joshuaao and Htown Legend like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am hoping Oladipo plays well enough that when the time comes Miami is forced to give up a decent haul for him. A draft pick or two. Tyler Herro is a fantasy now so you guys better just accept it now.

RocketsFido likes this.
  15. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

There will be a contender down the stretch who will want to add Oladipo and or Tucker down the stretch to make a run. At this point, just stock up on as many assets as possible

joshuaao, ElPigto and RocketsFido like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I just realized, Miami is likely to have cap space to sign Oladipo straight up this coming free agency, so the Rockets will likely be able to extract maximum value this trade deadline. You guys better be ready to accept Andre Iguodala + a protected FRP as the compensation.

#176 ElPigto, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm afraid the Herro ship has sailed away with Harden...

ElPigto likes this.
  18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

It's hard to tell what Miami would do, if we're presuming they want him. They can offer him 25.5m this summer, but they know we can offer more. And to do that, they would have to decline Dragic's option and renounce almost everyone except Duncan Robinson. That means no Avery Bradley, no Olynyk, no Leonard, no Iggy, no Mo Harkless - all important depth pieces. It's hard to replace all those guys with minimums and the MLE

JoeBarelyCares, joshuaao and 18pbr like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It is very unlikely that Rockets view Oladipo as a long term player for the Rockets. I guess if Stone has the balls to ever conduct an interview again we will see what he has to say.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Might be a deal like... Oladipo, Tucker and Clemons for Herro, Iggy and Kelly O. Rockets will add draft picks. I could see that.

joshuaao and cmoak1982 like this.