1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, someone needs to look at roster construction. He drafts well, with picks he got from trades.
    And again, entertain is not the same as complete.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Oh, it's a ragtag duo of delusional homers I'm responding to. How do I make this any clearer. JAYLEN IS ALREADY A STAR AND HE'S ONLY 24. They have all the flexibility to get a third star. They don't need the Rockets' garbage.

YOLO likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tillman is a terrible owner.

Even scrubs don’t want to play for him. SMH.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

This.

D-rock and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He just don’t want to play for Tillman who is the worst boss in NBA now.

Zboy likes this.
  6. Outlier

Outlier Member

See how much you'll get laughed at when you propose your "fair" trade to Celtics fans. My God, people. Learn to put yourselves in other people's shoes.

7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Explained this a little bit earlier but if they really want Dipo and think they'd have to pay the max to get him, it would make a lot more sense for their overall roster construction to make a trade with us and give up an asset since they'd lose more assets making the room to sign him outright, even though they can make the room easily.

We're definitely not getting Herro, but if Dipo plays well, something like Tucker+Dipo+Clemons for Olynyk+Iggy+Precious and a second or two might make sense.

Outlier likes this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

tucker is 36 years old and vastly overrated by our fan base. He isn’t an iggy type of talent

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I mean, yeah, if that's how the trade packages look then it's possible. There's no incentive for the Heat to trade a promising player like Herro for broken goods in Oladipo.

ChillyPete32 and YOLO like this.
  10. hlcc

hlcc Member

He'll be an unrestricted free agent, there's no matching.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Who the F cares what Boston fans say?
    They are delusional homers.

Brown is a senond rate star. With OUR picks you can get a top 10 player when he becomes available. Is Brown a top 10 player? No.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah, and when Brown becomes a Rocket he's all of a sudden a first rate star?

If Brown is not as good as you claim he is, why do you want him out of all the other players in the league?

Oh man, can't believe I am even entertaining this nonsense. And the audacity for you to call Boston fans homers. Just pure comedy.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

After All Star break, teams get excited for postseason and are looking for another weapon, a little bit more of an edge.

14. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Why would Miami make that trade? Both of those players have higher upside than Oladipo.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Me??
    I said I rather have our picks than Brown.

Oh yeah what audacity to call Boston fans homers! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The most arrogant and second most delusional fanbase.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Great. The Celtics would rather have Brown than our picks. This conversation with you lasted longer than it should have. It was the other guy who wanted Brown and you joined in.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Tell me. What would a Rockets fan say that would make you think they were a homer? What are some examples of that to you? You can use current players, if you want. Or even a scenario with Harden before the trade happened.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

That aint a guarantee esp if Miami continues to struggle and Dipo continues to play well.

Like what happened in Boston trade Ainge pulled Brown off the table after he broke out. Rox can trade Dipo to another team he likes at the deadline and Miami will never get a chance to get him. Rockets still have PJ Tucker. Dipo and Tucker are a pretty convincing "win now" package imo even if they dont get Herro just Precious and fillers would make the trade worth it from Houston's side.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Lmao at thinking I am a homer of all posters here.
    Because Boston fans are all delusional who habitually overrate even the worth of their toilet paper you came and picked one of the most pessimistic posters in this forum? For real?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nobody relevant has said Boston was ever a realistic player in this. Meaningless Twitter trolls and cf’s rumors don’t count.

Dipo being traded to another team doesn’t mean Miami can’t get him. It’s the same situation. He’ll walk a month or two later as a ufa. Is he forced to stay or something. No. Like I said if the rumor is true he’ll end up in Miami if that’s his preference

#160 YOLO, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021