1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Regardless of what moves he pushed for that created the mess, he deserves to win, and so does Mike. I'd like to see him succeed to prove every hater wrong, but it will definitely hurt to see at the same time. This franchise is headed for some dark dark times with this owner. It is everything I expected from Tilman, but I was hoping I was wrong. Time for a new handle.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

The owner took a dump on this franchise. Harden is only the most recent prominent figure to quit. He's the effect, not the cause.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Wrong. Owner tried to wrestle control of his team and the culture back from Harden and the fat man baby threw a giant fit.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Imagine being this stupid.

Zergling likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. appreciate it. The losing seasons and no playoffs for years to come are well on their way.

joshuaao, dreamshakin and HP3 like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

You forgot to say you'll miss the playoffs.

You forgot to say you'll miss the relevancy.

You forgot to say you'll miss the over .500% seasons.

You forgot a whole lot of things actually.

HP3 and clos4life like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thank you Harden, I wish you well. That being said, I hope the Nets find a way to crash and burn, for the sake of the Rockets.

F Tillman.

tycoonchip, HP3 and ipaman like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Yeah. Why advance to facing the greatest team the basketball world has ever known in the WCF.

When you can lose in the first round to an uncoordinated Mehmet Okur because you can't grab a single rebound to save your life.

OmG wAy MoRe FuN.

Clutch should make it compulsory to undergo an IQ test before dishing out memberships on this platform.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd support this 110%

10. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Go in peace. Hoping Harden wins a ring. Until the last few months, he was all business. Carried the team in the regular seasons. Underperformed in the playoffs, but he never had a legit second star except for a few moments with an aging CP3 - and even then, he was going against a historic juggernaut with Durant, Curry, Klay, Draymond, Iggy. Moved the game forward, represented Houston. Probably a little too high on his judge of talent (Westbrook, Ty Lawson). Loved it when he went all Dragon Ball Z on people.

Still one of my favorite moments:
    [​IMG]

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I'm so going to miss making the Jazz our b****es every year and it being a given that we would sweep their asses in the playoffs. Helps me forget 2007 and 2008.

12. HardenVolumeOne

yea that’s an underrated part of harden. Unlike tmac and yao. Harden pretty much owned the mavs and the jazz while he was a rocket. It got to the point where I would enjoy seeing jazz fans cry after each beat down we gave them. So I’m definitely gonna miss that

13. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOL imagine thinking losing basketball is more fun...sheesh man.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

It's typical that all the low IQ posters are classless on here. Same when Chris Paul left too. I dont blame guys who are mad at him for how he left, he was a dick but remember the good times too.

15. Mr Chuck Norris

Right because harden is supposed to just give up his control of the team he put on the map to a cheap b*stard who’s sabotaging him and stifling the gm to save money. **** outta here

tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No player bigger then the team unless you are MJ or LBJ and Harden aint even close. Also, **** outta here

17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Unfortunately for us Tillman will forever be our problem while Harden is finally free of him like Morey and Mike.

HP3 likes this.
  18. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I think I gave James Harden his flowers on another thread -- but let me just say, he is the 2nd greatest player for the rockets franchise. without question, you are one of the ATG basketball players, set apart from any other existing and future hall of famer. no one dropped and made defenders silly quite like you, not even iverson can touch your ankle breaking highlights.

Thank you for revolutionizing and mainstreaming the stepback, the (side)step, and the art of drawing fouls (and still finish the and1 plays) -- and how could we forget --- the full-grown beard! you are a trendsetter my man!!

generations upon generations will emulate your moves and breakdowns, and we will continue to remind them that it was you - and it was with the rockets when you did this.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Thanks, James, you made the last 8 years fun as a Rockets fan.

20. mightybosstone

Second greatest Rocket of all-time, an all-time top 25 player and the first superstar in Rockets red I got to truly appreciate as an adult. Yao and T-Mac were more my high school and college years.

He made the Rockets relevant for eight years and gave us countless highlights and incredible performances. His offensive game was second to none in this generation. Aside from winning a ring (which they should have in 2018), you can't ask for more.

James will always be a Rocket in my book, and I hope he gets a ring in Brooklyn (though I hope they implode in a couple of years). I don't care how he left; I prefer to remember what the man did while he was here. #LongLiveTheBeard