1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? To the first part.

And with https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/cap/2021/
    This, it says there isn’t room. And pretty sure they aren’t paying what Dipo would want.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

aannnnd with that said miami can add that proven all star along with still having that young upcoming player in herro. no idea where you're your getting the assumption that they can jsut end up with both just by waiting a measly 2-3 months after the trade deadline

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Guess Harden deserves props for not being disillusioned or a flat out liar.

Nook, tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  4. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Cuz Houston has his bird rights and can match any offer from any team to retain him. If push came to shove...we sign and trade him to Miami so we get assets back

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I don't remember their cap situation but I think they were basically going to have to S&T for Giannis after they decided to go ahead and give Bam his extension. Or shed a bunch of deals to create the room.

We're not getting Herro but if Dipo looks pretty good here Miami will probably give up something along with shedding Iggy's deal to get him for the rest of this season and to have his bird rights rather than signing him in FA if they want him since they'll have to give up assets to do that too.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Great news, exactly what I wanted ( Herro)

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Annoyingly, Miami has a trade exception that is 500k short of Tucker.

Oladipo and Tucker for Olynk and Herro would be a discussion starter I’d think.

McLemore and House are interesting adders as well. I’d think McLemore will be traded — he’s more valuable to a contending team and shooters are getting paid like crazy (see Davis Bertans and Joe Harris). Someone may value his Bird Rights.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. HardenVolumeOne

miami will call tilmans bluff and offer oladipo a contract anyways. The league knows tillman is broke.. this trade only confirmed it

tycoonchip likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. miami has the flexibility still to have close to a max spot and they can just wait til dipo moves to miami as a FA

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Dipo: *wants to be in Miami*

Rocket fans:

[​IMG]

The man hasn't even played a game here yet...

1Deep, RustyHarden, DCHAMP and 2 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol sportac doesn't take into flexibility and moves miami will do. all it tells you is what's infront of you as of now. that doesnt mean anything bc things change year to year

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah with LTS the rockets are going to match near max offers apparently. They didn't even want levert on their books who does even make close to max, so they're going to willingly be on the hook for even more with dipo. makes sense

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So you’re saying they don’t have the space unless they make moves. Exactly what I said.
    None of that matters. You’re over valuing Herro and under valuing Dipo (assuming he gets back to form)
    And if Riley thinks a two way player helps them reach finals again, with his affinity for names, I could see them making a trade.

Depends on a lot of variables, I agree.

raining threes likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it isn't what you said.

it's not even about value. you're blabbing about a trade scenario that makes 0 sense. especially on one side. miami. put down the goggles

18. Rocketsdreamer

SEND HIS ASS TO UTAH

19. sogood.

sogood. Member

Oladipo is a unrestricted free agent so I don't know what point you're trying to make. If he wants to leave and Miami wants him, he's going there in the offseason. There is no matching involved.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

Don't ruin the fantasy with logic, breh. It's going to be dark times, we need to have hope somewhere.