1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

picks would go to miami? and why would that make any sense. the point of giving up dipo is to acquire picks not give them away

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If you’re getting Herro and an additional asset back, I would be ok with it.
    That’s part of the allure of having picks, the ability to add them to get players you want.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're missing the point here. that deal makes 0 sense for miami when they can get him for free a few months later. What do they need some picks for? to get a young 19-20 year old top 5 talent like herro that they already have? That defeats the purpose of actually giving him away. Think logically for a second. dipo and picks to miami makes 0 sense

raining threes likes this.
  4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Get Tyler Herro.

That is all.

5. HardenVolumeOne

miami has the leverage, they dont have to give up herro considering oladipo will be a free agent

harold bingo likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well ****, I want a mansion in LA but there's some work to be done before that, hmmm Victor?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oladipo for Iggy, Nunn, Miami 2022 swap option for worst of Houstons picks (Rockets/Nets/Bucks)

That's what I see as being realistic.

joshuaao, HP3 and sammy like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

But there’s no guarantee they can get him after the season. And if they think he’s the piece to put them over the top that adds value.
    I know it’s not likely, things would have to fall in perfect place for anything like that to happen.
    Also, he’s not a top 5 young talent imo.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

clutch has come around to herro being a rocket somehow. niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

10. sogood.

sogood. Member

Why would Miami give up anything at all if Oladipo wants to go there and they have the cap space to sign him?

Richie_Rich, Reeko, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  11. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Not this again.. Chemistry is just doomed to be ass this year. Rockets might just be unwatchable this season.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's why i said if reports were true. So if they are true, then dipo can easily take his talents to south beach. Where's the non guarantee in that.

herro is not a top 5 talent. lol yeah hes actually a top 3 in his draft class. I was just being generous. If he's not top 5 then who are the 5 clear cut better players in last years draft class. I'll wait

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Herro probably not available. Think Heat would rather punt this season and get Dipo in free agency than trade him. But maybe Precious and a pick? I could see that.

My #1 is MPJ. Denver would get to dump Harris, and get bird rights to Oladipo to resign him. They don’t have the cap space to sign him, and a SnT likely isn’t feasible with how close they would be to the apron.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

ding ding ding ding

15. HardenVolumeOne

THIS.. the heat were targeting giannis before he resigned with the bucks. they are still gonna try and trade for bradley beal and if push comes to shove they will just sign victor as a free-agent

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t say draft class, I said young player.

And there’s still cap issues for Dipo, he’s not free.

17. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

think houston would have to throw in oladipo and picks for that to happen no?

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't matter. you're talking about picks. it's relevant to the topic. picks for a top 5 draft talent that they already have and you're apparently telling us they're going to go backwards and give that up. again think logically

no there isn't. miami has the space. you must have forgotten how they were prepping to go after giannis and he costs a whole lot more than dipo does

19. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Because Oladipo is a proven all star to add to make a big 3. Herro is the young upcoming player Houston covets

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Yet we traded Caris Levert AND a second rounder for him. :rolleyes:

everyday eddie and HP3 like this.