1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The picks are only collateral before the fact. Assets along with players to hedge a deal at present and going forward

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The only stupidity is counting 4 picks as 8. A swap is not a pick. It's really not that complex.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

the stupidity is when you're talking about 8 actual picks you count it as 4. yeah pure stupidity

but but but there's only 4 picks! why is there 8????

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If I start with one house, buy another and swap my house for another, how many additional houses do I now have? One or two?

You may want to look up the definition of the word "swap".

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm assuming you'd say the stupid answer

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He's BEEN a loser. Way too arrogant for a dude who knows someone who knows someone. Like, it's basketball man, you're not Nostradamus.

7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Are we done?

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No, im just saying there is a lot more people who want James in the Sixers FO as there are who dont want him. Also there is Doc River who really like Simmons.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro you gave me a bunch of a links regarding the Kevin Mchale, Dwight Howard and 2016-2016 incident. Do you see what happend with Mchale and Howard after they left Houston......not good rave reviews by anyone.

Yea Demarcus has every reason to be pissed at him, James was being a dick head to get out of town and I hope we get a win of the Nets. I do hope we can get good Nets picks but I dont see the imploding. As far as me rooting for Harden to fail....well....idk. I dont like him right now but I also am greateful for the years he was here with us. As far as his basketball play was concerned, I never thought he was THE reason we woudlnt win. Him as a person though is not a great look but i also dont think he's as bad as the people who hate him make him out to be.

And there is this Austin Rivers quote....lol bro cmon. All superstars bark at teammates, including Lebron. He's gone, but that doesnt mean I have to think this was a good trade I dont. I would rather have had the Sixers deal.

We are still rooting for the Rockets but Im just being honest about how I feel about the moves made. And how the narrative is really flipped on ownership when it still shouldnt be.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Five years from now a 30 for 30 detailing how Tilman told Morey he had a deal for Beard, then traded him to New Jersey for nothing just for spite.

raining threes and ksny15 like this.
  11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Simmons is ass bro. I've watched about 6 76ers game this season and he is absolutely terrible. He's just a name. In fact, I actually listen to a 76ers podcast from time to time and even the Philadelphia fans were basically hoping that Houston would be "stupid" enough to trade Harden for Simmons because "Ben is not it". They didn't think we were "dumb" enough to take Tobias though lol. And they wanted to keep Thybulle and Maxey.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Swaps in 25 and 27 can result in a premium pick

raining threes likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

At least he didn't say MCW

14. farhen

farhen Member

tilman talk $hit on Murrey said a Big NO NO

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

stop it. those don't count. There's only 4 picks in the deal

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Screw Philly, Morley, and Harden. Their fans are trash.

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Wouldn't surprise me if Rockets sweeten the pot to rid of Wall with the new picks we got from the Harden deal.

Tillman too broke, he's on a mission to shed salary.

18. sammy

We won’t know until then. It could get us damn good picks. The Celtics drafted Tatum from a Nets swap. You’re wrong. Period

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

#sarcasm

sammy likes this.
  20. sammy

My bad couldn’t tell.

I thought I was talking to the same poster lol

YOLO likes this.