1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I have no delusions this is a superstar league but again and I’m not here to rub it in but there’s not 1 definite in the whole return. There’s hope the picks will be good, there’s hope dipo stays healthy, there’s hope dipo stays, there’s hope if dipo leaves you can replace him with someone else who can play at or near all star level.

now Simmons is just an all star but he is an all star, herro does require hope but there’s genuine promise there and again we don’t know what was offered so I have to say well I guess this is the best they could do

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, I hate tanking.

But this is real diff between Tilly and Les.

Tilly is a loser.

Zergling likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I'd rather have Brown or Simmons deal, but the move was made. All the moves require varying degrees of hope.

Vivi and Boston84 like this.
  4. caneks

caneks Rookie

which team needs this type of player?

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It’s things like this as well as not putting Clemons in the trade is what separates mediocre GMs and great GMs.

D-rock likes this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The era is upon us like a storm in the night

the time is now to be aggressive with what we have.

D-rock likes this.
  7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Can someone explain why we didn't just keep Levert he's younger and has a higher ceiling than Oladipo who's coming off major surgery

D-rock likes this.
  8. OpportunityCost

There are valleys and peaks I am sure in every NBA team's history. Look at the Spurs. The Bulls. The Warriors. This is a new beginning.

I am looking forward to seeing the new players and I hope that Silas starts to implement more off-the-ball screens to help facilitate offense. HIs offense, IMO, is starting to look very lame to me - not too different from MDA's.

Exum is very team-oriented and young. Oladipo is talented, but I am thinking will eventually get traded? Looking forward to the team building chemistry now that this trade-drama is over.

9. riko

riko Member

Kevin Occonor saying Oladipo has no interest to remain with a losing team . Wants to go to miami lol what a mess. Trade him to Miami for Herro but I doubt Heat would accept that . I would just trade him to whoever is willing play the most

#369 riko, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I think the Oladipo is getting flipped before the deadline regardless. He’s expiring at the end of the season and will probably be the best player on the trade market who can help a contender down the stretch

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. OpportunityCost

The Celtic's have a $28.5 million trade-exception.

12. OpportunityCost

Hopefully now with the Nets getting better, other contenders in the East will be more willing to deal for a player like Oladipo.

ashleyem and jakedasnake like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's locked in a deal til 2023 and already 26. his ceiling isn't that high. good player but unproven and he's never going to be some perennial star. He'll be lucky to even make a all star team in the next 3 years. Dipo has looked very good since hes been back and hes a +20 mil expiring. For a team rebuilding that's a much better get

Vivi, roslolian and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Should have moved Levert + picks to Wiz for Beal instead of older coming off injury Oladipo.

But Tilly doesnt want to pay Beal. Smh

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

If we thought Harden was bad body language and behind scenes, wait until you see Dipo.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Oladipo doesn’t even want to be here and he doesn’t even know what it’s like yet. Tilman sure has created a non toxic culture.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  17. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Oladipo for 3po'' I can hear Bill Worrell now..

BHannes2BHonest, Vivi and jakedasnake like this.
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LOL we gave up a 2nd rounder to trade a young SG for an older one coming off injury, that can walk.

D-rock likes this.
  19. 34to11

34to11 Member

This thread needs more whine.

20. wesbound

wesbound Member

Why not keep a good young asset in Levert. He can ball plus his contract isn't a terrible one.