1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Rockets Fans react to Harden Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of these Houstonians were paid to give their opinions

hahahahahaha

get use to it media lovers

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cool. Glad we were able to get the thoughts of one guy, 2 kids, and 3 twitter posts. That definitely changed things for me.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

i know
    Most people want millionaires to speak their mind on a highly produced television show

but that’s what real fans are compared to pretty much ... actors

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

5. HardenVolumeOne

harden is popular with kids.. they mimic his style in the aau ranks. so seeing the kids reaction wasnt suprising

6. tinman

Supporting Member

This shows real fans don’t want to connect with real opinions
    They see people on tv everyday and it convinces them that someone screaming on tv everyday is right
    This is great for the network and advertisers who pay them

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no such thing as "real" rockets fans. they are a myth, mystical, but if you look hard enough you might be lucky enough to see one sitting in the lower bowl.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Real Rockets fans or delusional Rockets fans? Real Rockets Fans don't want their team to suck. Delusional Rockets fans think a guy of Harden's Caliber will just fall on our laps. The delusional fans probably think if we do get a star they'll actually stick around to help win us a ring while Fertitta is the owner.
    Let's see how long Woods sticks around.

saleem likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We used to move down to lower bowl at half time when we were in the summit to fill up seats. My favorite was the Big Mac attack

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that first guy likes the trade because now Harden can "get that ring". What a diehard ROCKETS fan.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

real rockets fans don't have tv shows to talk about the rockets

saleem likes this.
  12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Real Rockets fans aren't happy to see their franchise accept 50 cents on the dollar for a player who is unhappy because he is only making $15,000 a minute and not number in a game.

It's okay for them to have their opinion, just as I have mine. Not sure what you're going for here, but why come to place with 1000's of Rockets fans and tell us that these are the "real fans"? Why can't they just be fans? I

Also, what does a tv shows have to do with my comment? Again, the guy likes the trade so Harden can get a ring. Sounds like a Harden fan. Maybe change the title of your thread to "Real Harden Fans react to Harden getting traded".

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Well Channel 2 news in Houston think they are Rockets fans

Have you not noticed that the majority of the board only cares and reacts to television personalities?

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The worst thing about this trade is, we won't truly know if we got fleeced until all the picks covert.

At least the next 5-7 years when we'll be superbad, we'll see who the true Rocket fans are who still post on CF.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think fleeced is the word.

There are GMs that can find borderline Allstars in the later part of the lottery or the 1st round.

It's a gift.

Kawhi wouldn't be a 15th pick if there weren't so many mediocre drafters among GMs.

IMO the Nets had to do something but now they have to find enough Defense to win titles because Harden and Irving are not the best defending superstars.

Many CFers love the board, the forum. They'll stick around.

Some are here for the Astros, the politics or just some recreational thing in the Hangout.

I know a few whose priority isn't NBA basketball at all.