1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie has Spoken

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My biggest issue with Wall is. . . .. that BEAL WAS BETTER THAN HIM
    He held Beal back more than he helped

Rocket River

2. Rockets4Life13

What a bunch of whiny harden ********ers here, even after he quit on this team and insulted currently active ROCKETS players.

What cousins said was exactly right and his play or his career has nothing to do with that. Let's not act like freedom of speech is based on whether or not you're successful.

pass_to_Hakeem and JayGoogle like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Woah, dude, way to go out on a limb there.....

;)

DD

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I understand where you're coming from and @Clutch's comment surprised me. Cousins is actually in the ballpark of being a year younger than Harden, and if he is truly healthy, but just not in the kind of shape he needs to be in (being very rusty, of course) to play as he was once able to in the league, he's a highly skilled big man with genuine talent shooting from behind the arc. That's something we can use and hard to find.

For me, and it's something that worries you, I'm guessing, is can he keep his head on straight? The jury is very much out on that, as is whether he's really over the physical injuries he's battled for a very long time. Again, unless Clutch was being "tongue in cheek" due to Boogie's public statements about Harden, what he said about signing the big guy "long term" was a surprise.

Of course, Harden's public comments pissed off a lot of us.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Not defending boogie bc that should not happen. But the first one, I felt like he should not have been thrown out but did bc of his rep and second one he was thrown out bc he picked his first tech standing up for his teamate, I can live with that.

raining threes likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#46 J.R., Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    raining threes likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why did Cousins and Wall react the way they did?

Oh and yea sure, nearly every NBA vet that covered, well so far I've never seen anyone poo poo this the way you have, think he insulted them and that he basically said they suck.

You can't come at me with emotions on this, you defend Harden no matter what he does, more than anyone else here.

dcfma and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I knew he'd get ejected at least twice early in the season. ****ing diva.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lulz.

Harden has repeated his stance ad nauseum since summer.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When the voice of reason comes from DeMarcus Cousins, you know something very bad has happened.

11. Rockets4Life13

There's a couple of those guys on here.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's baffling to me that anyone would defend those comments.

Harden said you're not good enough to play with me and I guess Cousins and Wall and the team are just supposed to bow down before that.

You can still be on Harden's side and also say it was messed up what he said. He could have easily said "I just don't want to be here anymore. Nothing to do with the players on this team I just believe it's time for me to move on."

Instead of "We're not good enough. We're not good talent-wise..." and you are naive if you think that isn't an insult. Obviously Wall and Cousins read it as such and basically every NBA vet they put on TV said the same thing lol

raining threes and roslolian like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He taking notes from Kyrie Irving how to disrespect everyone and piss off his teammates.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Nah you can't be a human being with any sense of pride and still be on Harden's side.
    Dude is acting like a total dick and people around here were willing to trade away all of the picks left to convince him to stay when he was out since preseason.
    Some of those guys have ZERO pride. **** Harden. I'm glad he's gone. I rather watch the Rockets lose with guys that play like they want to be here, than Fat out of shape harden win a couple games against shitter teams.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

All we need, young hugry and not money starving man , who is willing to fight for the city. Harden .... bye bye Felicia ....

16. Rockets4Life13

Im sure they will love each other.

Can't wait for the first time Harden barks at Irving on defense because he got burnt on a backdoor cut.

roslolian likes this.
  17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I will enjoy hate-watching the nets lol

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol yep, I remember that, and no one liked that then either.

You can say your team is bad without throwing your teammates under the bus publically like that and then no one should be surprised when his teammates snap back. No, Cousins and Wall aren't even in Harden's league...doesn't mean they should be talked down to or that they should accept Harden talking down about them.

Harden could have easily just said he wanted out publically in a variety of ways. "I don't agree with the direction of the organization and I just want out. Thank you Houston for blah blah blah..." But saying your team isn't good enough??? And then play how he played the last 5 games???

No. Just no.

I have no idea how Kyrie is going to get along with Harden...to be fair to Harden, I have no idea how Kyrie gets along with anyone.

roslolian and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would have loved to have fully committed and motivated Harden, but since he wasn't going to be that then yeah. It was time to move on, he made that clear.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Remember Harden's "cornerstone" comment? It got some reactions around the league too.

raining threes and JayGoogle like this.