1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

oladipo is playing with one leg. You wont get much for him besides the fact that hes expiring just like you wont get anything for john wall

HP3 and DrNuegebauer like this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How many picks were Philly offering?

Expirings is the key. Oladipo is not in Houston as a cornerstone of the franchise. He is here because he expires (and because Indiana preferred LeVert)

Simmons doesn't expire, so it would have been a question of how many picks he could be flipped for. 4 unprotected and 4 swaps unprotected isn't bad IMHO. Nets could well be bad once in all of that time.

Philly has unknown "draft conpensation". Sounds like Morey making his excuses to the fans again for missing out on Bosh/ LeBron/ etc
    "We offered Simmons and draft conpensation ghuysss"

Bo6, dmoneybangbang and jerryclark like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah you definitely need a reset. you're whining way too much on something you have no idea how will play out yet adamantly crying. you're making yourself believe a bunch of bs. philly gives you a chance at a high pick. morey is going to gift the rockets with a high pick. lmao no

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol. It doesn’t matter. Summons wasn’t going to make us contend. So what difference does it make. Tilman wants to save money. Enjoy the rebuilding on cheap skate for the next decade.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree on Simmons being crap but do agree with you Stone maximized Hardens value in this trade eps with it being unprotected.

Ngl if I was brooklyn GM no way I do this deal. Rox got or had all their good players traded away not even Rodions Kurucs was spared.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Personally I would've preferred Simmons, Maxine and a couple picks from PHI, but who knows how the Nets package will turn out. It could be a bunch of late 1st round picks or maybe not. It'll take 5+ years to find out and I don't care to care that much about it lol.

Back in November when news leaked that Harden wanted to be traded and the Nets were one of his desired destination... I like most on this board thought the Nets package was terrible. I have often referred to it as the poo poo platter. I no longer think its as terrible... but its still bleh IMO.

Anyways its interesting to read what clutchfans initially thought of the NETS trading for Harden. It was almost universal hatred lol. Words like trash, garbage, travesty and terrible are widely used.
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/harden-nets.308395/

also 18 pages of the same here https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/front-office-sports-nets-and-rockets-have-a-verbal-agreement%E2%80%9D-on-harden-trade.308469/
    and here https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...sion-wants-to-be-traded-to-nets.308437/page-9
    and https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/if-we-trade-harden-please-don’t-trade-him-for-the-nets-garbage.308421/

dmoneybangbang and HP3 like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

I'll bank on him being fine, he looks really good right now. Harden is also there to take the scoring load off him.

Westbrook didnt leave because of Harden.

Harden is a gym rat though? You guys see a lot of the partying stuff but we also knows he lives in the gym. I donno, its just banking on a whole lot of failure that I dont see happening. Im not saying its impossible, Im just saying there is a lot of gambling going on here.

ksny15 likes this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's gonna be near impossible to draft another Harden.

Just pray we can get out like Boston where we draft 2 all-star level players.

It's a good idea to root against the Nets now because Kyrie, KD, Harden all have player options after next season meaning if their experiment fails hard (locker room Kyrie blowups etc) and they don't make the finals, all 3 could easily leave the Nets with nothing.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It doesn't matter, lets' see how this rolls.

DD

leebigez likes this.
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

i am not sure what kind of sports team plan for stuff 10 years out. Yep, we will be back contending in 10 years. It’s all downward spiral into the toilet since Tilman took over. Let’s not expect too much from this point on. They didn’t think that much of long term.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you guys know these other dude's have history before coming to the Rockets right?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bulls
    Magic
    Cavs

Think of teams without true point guards.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

How would Harden to Philly give us a high pick?

That team would beast if you took out Simmons and gave them Harden.

Embiid
    Harris
    Green
    Harden
    Curry

It all fits you have benefits of Big ball and small ball at the same time cuz Harden can guard front court and Harrus and Green agile enough to chase guards while Embiid is a load but also extremely mobile and athletic on D. On offense you can actually go 5 out or PnR with Harden and Embiid, or hell 4 out and Embiid at the post anything is possible you can even out Harris at mid range just for kicks he is a decent mid range shooter. They only lose Thybulle they still got depth.

Sure Kd, Irving and Harden are great 1on1 players but only KD is a great spot up shooter and he is their best player he really gonna move off the ball? Lol. Goodluck getting Irving and Harden to chase guys on the perimeter Harden can guard forwards and bigs guess what thats what KD does already.

Lets not forget Irving isnt exactly right in the head, he disrespects everyone from owner to teammates with his antics. But they dont even have teammates anymore all their good players who can make an impact are gone Levert, Allen, Prince even RK wasnt spared their cupboard is bare. Maybe next year if Dimwiddie comes back they have 4 good players yay? Thats if Irving doesnt pull a Marbury and starts eating vaseline.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's not banking on failure, it's banking on aging. People age, it's inevitable, there's been 1 LeBron who is an exception. How many all NBA players have we seen at 35-37 years old. That's when we get the picks

rockets1995 and YOLO like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

KD & Harden do not rely on athletic ability. Harden already plays like he’s 55 years old. He has forever. Their games are going to age very very well.

16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

If you didn’t think the poorest billionaire owner in the world wasn’t gonna cut cost ,then you haven’t been watching the Rockets organization for the last few years lol..

I was only kidding lol...ok I’m telling the truth lol

But honestly, Stone did good.
    We are not a contender and the draft is the only way to go...

Who is signing with this Team and it’s cheaper than dirt ownership?

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We got 8 picks. Ben and Thybulle not a good fit for us. Oladipo can at least shoot. We were definitely going for the pics. Let’s build a GS team and be competitive.

rockets1995 likes this.
  18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

If you are always having an issue with other people is it really them or is it more than likely you? Everyone can't be wrong. If everyone is saying you are a bad teammate you probably are a bad teammate. What is there to gain by crapping on James Harden? None if his former teammates have anything good to say about him, not one. What does that tell you bro?

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Irrelevant. A bunch of gambling that the Nets will implode while losing a high asset that you can flip in simmons....bad.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hardens game will age well. Don’t think anyone is saying that. But he’ll go from a true elite player to just good player in the same caliber of a fringe all star or solid player. Which we know at the end of the day isn’t that special if you’re trying to win a title