1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good luck Harden, may you get your ring with your super friends.

It will be sad for the Rockets for a long time.

On the bright side, we no longer have to defend him.

RKREBORN and HP3 like this.
  2. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

F Hardly. He did us all a favor.

3. SunsRocketsfan

Harden quit harder than Tmac ever did. Tmac had injuries. Harden just flat out didn't care and doesn't have the drive to be a true leader. He rather party and show up later and when the going gets tough he just flat out quits. Him quitting against the spurs was the biggest quit job in sports history.

4. SunsRocketsfan

good riddance quitter

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

A great offensive weapon but incapable of leading a team as the #1 option.

However, if he defers to KD, theyre going to win a title.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Everyone cannot be VSpan and Llul

Rocket River

Zergling likes this.
  7. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Thank you Harden for making Houston basketball relevant again for the past 8 years!

split41, HP3 and Clutch City1993 like this.
  8. SunsRocketsfan

Yao/TMac era was way more fun than Iso Harden era. I"m just glad he's gone. We were not going to win anything with him so why waste another few years of first round exits and playoff failures. Heck we were not going to even make the playoffs this year.

Bring on the rebuild

vick likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Harden decides to lead the league in assist
    Look Out

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The YAO era was good
    The TMac Era was not

Rocket River

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

You think about the reffing advantage in critical situations in the playoffs where the Rockets get screwed and it's something Harden thought about along with the crumby ownership.

HP3 likes this.
  12. SunsRocketsfan

The potential was there.. injuries ultimately killed that era. Otherwise at least the two were both professionals. I know tmac eventually quit but part of i think was his body just wasn't the same anymore. The brand of basketball was also so much more fun and pleasing to watch. That one season with Barry, Sura, Howard was incredibly fun. We didn't get as fun but for me personally I cared about the team a lot more. Harden was just hard to root.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

TMAC was hard for me to root for.

Rocket River

14. MrWise

MrWise Member

A moment of silence for Houston Strippers

15. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

This is exactly how I feel. Harden has incredible talent but I have to admit that I didn't necessarily like his style of play. We were winning with the style and being competitive so I overlooked it as long as it made us relevant. It's clear that the style and the way Harden was accustomed to came crashing down and it was time to move on. I just wished we got return in some star potential but instead it's a big bet on future draft picks which is so hard to predict/control so I think nothing is guaranteed.

SunsRocketsfan likes this.
  16. markelliott1997

I'm so happy to have had James Harden on my team. A seemingly great dude. I'll miss you JH13

HP3 and ksny15 like this.
  17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I’m not as upset as I was with McGrady, but Harden’s exit from the team left a lot to be desired.

That said, the Harden years were generally fun outside of his two quit seasons.

amazing to me that a superstar will pout a season away in his prime, much less two.

but I came to praise Caesar, not to bury him.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’ve been a Harden fan since his ASU days. He quickly became my favorite player in the league when OKC drafter him. It was insane that my favorite player landed with my
    favorite team. That stuff rarely happens. I’m thankful for the years of exciting Rockets basketball. He dragged some untalented teams to the playoffs every single year he was here. He should have been a 3 time MVP. Countless all star games, all nba selections, 2 WCF trips, 3X scoring champ, lead the league in both steals and assists, took the greatest team even assembled to 7 and was an injury away from a ring.
    I will always hate Tilman for destroying something that could have been amazing. I want Houston to win but it’s not going to happen anytime soon. I hope Stone kills it here but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Thanks for everything James. I hope you win a ring. You do deserve it. I’ve had the privilege of meeting him on multiple occasions when Houston would come play PHX. He’s always been amazing with fans.

HP3 likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

October 31st, 2012 -- I'll never forget the absolute excitement we as fans felt when it became pretty clear that Daryl Morey landed an absolute stud in James Harden, and that it was going to be a start of something special.

We never won it all but he made this franchise relevant again. He was a walking 50-win playoff birth and with Moreyball completely revolutionized the game.

It obviously didn't end well but I hope you can watch the video and reminisce the good times. This man absolutely deserves his jersey to be retired at Toyota Center one day, hopefully to a standing ovation.

Thanks for the memories, James.

#99 Zergling, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    HP3, BallSoHarden and ksny15 like this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Respect and appreciation is earned and Harden took a giant **** on our team and really facked us with the CP3 and Westbrook trades. But that wasn't enough, he proceeded to destroy the remaining trade value he had by being a disrespectful, quitting, fat ass. Which leads me to my point, your thread is trash.