1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The only difference between regular season Harden and playoff Harden is the officials don't give him any calls. Even the obvious ones. Why is he the only superstar in the last two years to shoot less free throws in playoffs than regular season? Every other stars free throws numbers are up significantly. NBA had an Agenda. Morey's Hong Kong tweet sealed our fate. Maybe now that he's in Brooklyn he will get a fair whistle. These non calls drive down his efficiency.

He's had probably 4 really awful games in the playoffs that people remember and think he chokes. But realistically 90% of his playoff games he's still a monster.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don;t think you can wave an injured player

Rocket River

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

First you just basically admitted I was right. Harden fades. You can say 4 games whatever but harden fades like as if he's in the avengers. like OH christ give me a break ok. its not the refs fault ok. cut it out. Harden is a great scorer but he fades in the playoffs its just a fact. KD will have to be the man in the post season. And we all know this. The entire reason I knew harden quit last night is BECAUSE IVE SEEN HIM QUIT BEFORE AND I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. He quits so often that I know what it looks like let that sink in and I predicted last night was the end. Once Harden has in his brain he cant win he quits. He's done it playoff after playoff.

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

LaVert and Allen on a 3 year deal. Both are young. Allen is like 3m per year. If you are trying to build a young team for the future then why not keep these guys anyways? Wall + Woods + Allen + Lavert + Tate all on 3 year deals. I can't see why they'd not.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yes sir. I’m a fan of all hoops and I enjoy the back and forth with other fan bases and b’sing with you all

Vivi, RocketWalta, Roomba and 7 others like this.
  6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

“2020 was the worst year ever” 2021 - hold my blunt

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

still can't believe we didn't get even one young promising prospect back. for wilt fuking harden. tilbitch is literally the biggest failure in the sports world

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You'll know it was a fantastic trade if the swaps ever get executed.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I voted YES, but it's not with the expectation that the Rockets will be competitive without Harden any time soon.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's nice to have other fans around here. Laker fans, almost all of them that show up here only do so AFTER their team wins and only to brag about how much better their team is. Of course, none of them were around before Lebron joined their team but what else can you expect from a Laker fan?

Vivi, Richie_Rich and Boston84 like this.
  11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I can promise you, I hate the lakers just as much as you guys lol

Vivi, Richie_Rich, Patience and 2 others like this.
  12. Fefo

Fefo Member

One of the swaps its useless, since its next year and the nets are going to have better record than us. Same with the first 2 picks. Lets hope the nets break down by 2024 or this would go down as one of the worst trades ever. We didnt even got 1 good young player.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well the more likely scenario is the fans that are in attendance are the ones that fill the Toyota Centre pre-covid and who stay in their seats the entire game and don't make any noise.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyrie Irving Currently Has 'Wild' Trade Value Range Across NBA

It is unclear when Kyrie Irving will return to the Brooklyn Nets as he remains away from the team for personal reasons.

"Today before this went down, I had a conversation with four or five people with teams and of course Kyrie was a huge topic of conversation in the league today," said Brian Windhorst. "I asked 'what do you guys think the trade market for Kyrie Irving is right now? Let's say something happened and they had to trade him.'

"And the answers that I got were wild. Wild! I got everything from.. and these were general managers and assistant general managers.

"I got everything from 'I think you can still get two firsts for him' to 'You can attach him in as filler.' I got that level of [differing opinions]."

Windhorst indicated he doesn't believe Irving is in danger of being traded by the Nets at this time.

"I know that the Rockets wanted nothing to do with Kyrie coming back in this deal," said Tim MacMahon. "Basically, their point was 'Okay, we're going to trade really one unhappy superstar for an even unhappier star who is not as good?' If Kyrie gets traded somewhere he doesn't want to be, I don't know if he's even going to report.'"

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No. they are the main challenge to fakers.

Otherwise LA fakers can start planning the parade route.

#615 Tfor3, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it makes me a bad person, but I really want to see kd tear his achilles again, and harden throw down with Irving over who gets to control the ball and the whole thing to explode in a toxic mess and a first round upset exit.

I dont blame James in my head for wanting out, but in my heart I hope he gets terminal leprosy and his junk falls off.

Love you James, go F yourself. Call me, bro.

BigDog63, pahiyas, hongxingli and 2 others like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ya know, I feel the same way, but Harden did him no real favors what with the husky look and these last couple of games.

I feel like they might have gone a little too heavily for picks, but Stone willing, there're many smart ways to use picks from here.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Welp. The Rockets had to do SOMETHING ASAP...and they did it. Whether this turns out to be a good or bad trade for us will depend on how wisely the picks are used over the next several seasons.

The Rockets will almost surely suck for the next 2 or 3 seasons while they rebuild. Get ready for 25 to 35 win seasons. The longer term future will depend on the picks and swaps.

The franchise is not in a good place right now, and I don't particularly like Tilman Fertitta...but at least they don't seem to be totally dysfunctional like the Texans.

As for Brooklyn...they will be scary on offense if KD/Kyrie/Harden can mesh well together. The Nets' defense....eh, we'll see. They're obviously now the favorites in the East.

19. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

This is how Cleveland, Miami and Cleveland felt.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of those trades that you can't really judge until a few years down the road. In theory, this is a fantastic trade. There is likely a few high lottery picks in the package, but who really knows.

The Rockets could of gotten back Simmons, I guess and maybe a couple FRPs. I certainly don't think Simmons is nowhere near the level of a superstar player and in reality we would likely be threading water for years with him as our cornerstone, yet Philly would not have paid us as much in draft picks which is what this team really needs after mortgaging their future for Westbrook.

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.