1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not even sad about this and was expecting this and one reason why I really wasn't feeling much interest in this season.

I have no bitterness towards Harden and while he would drive me crazy at times there was no doubting his talent.

This is the final end of the Harden / D'Antoni / Morey era. It was the greatest period of Rockets basketball since Hakeem but for all that couldn't take that next step and go from perennial playoff contender to NBA Finals.

It's likely going to be some dark years for Clutchcity but following what the Stros did a break and rebuilding period might be the best thing to return to greatness.

2. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

i think all the crying is done. time to move on and take that Harden pic off of clutchfans main header

Rocket_ph and Joe Rocket like this.
  3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Even if he returns to all-star form, is he worth the max? Probably not right? Maybe so but i would be scared paying that which is why we should look to trade him by the deadline if possible. Fire sale this ish like OKC.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Harden has been an idiot lately. Good BBALL IQ Stupid people IQ lol

5. xaos

xaos Member

How high are these chances:

Durant stays healthy for years after recovering from achilles + Irving being a great player for the Nets for years? If those two can happen then they'll win a ring or two.

But, if they don't win the first two years, how quick will the Nets implode?

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

bawanyh, BHannes2BHonest and Jontro like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ben Simmons 'Was Absolutely On The Table' To Rockets, 'Was Prepared To Be Traded'

The Philadelphia 76ers and Houston Rockets had serious discussions on a trade centered on Ben Simmons for James Harden before a deal with the Brooklyn Nets was eventually reached.

"Ben Simmons was absolutely on the table," said Tim MacMahon.

"I can add something here," said Brian Windhorst. "In speaking to individuals with knowledge, Ben Simmons was prepared to be traded today. I don't know if I can say expected to be traded, but was prepared to be traded. Was ready to be traded. They never told him he was going to be traded."

The Rockets have long been believed to have preferred a trade for Simmons over a package from the Nets, which may have forced Brooklyn to send such a wealth of draft compensation.

"There was a moment today when Philadelphia had to decide 'are we taking James Harden or not?'" said Windhorst. "My suspicion is they just passed and allowed the Brooklyn deal to happen."

MacMahon added that there was a lack of consensus within the 76ers on whether to trade Simmons for Harden in the first place.

Vivi likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

On the bright side either Lebron James OR James Harden will fail to get a chip in 2021 or both so Im gonna have fun trolling and laughing at the one who doesnt either way lol The key with Brooklyn will be Durant and Irving stepping up in the offseason when Harden fades and allowing Harden to run the regular season. If they want to win a chip thats how they are gonna have to play it.

#568 Joe Rocket, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

That settles it! ;)

BHannes2BHonest, Vivi, Amel and 5 others like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

we'll see. if the Nets are hoisting the Larry O'Brien anytime soon, let's revisit this tweet

BHannes2BHonest, Fullcourt and HP3 like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Elvin Hayes

Elvin Hayes Member

The big winner? OKC.

Tato1971 and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

okay, which of you is THIS guy

Hakeemtheking and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What is the BS with players thinking they have to approve coaches LOL

Richie_Rich, JayGoogle and Jontro like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya I think the picks are better for the long term future of this franchise than Simmons.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden just liked this Slim Thug post.

BHannes2BHonest and Jontro like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

of course he did

Joe Rocket likes this.
  18. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

That's dumb. The Nets are going all in on the next two years. They're not concerned with future draft capital at the moment. They absolutely won the trade from the standpoint of widening their championship chances the next two years.

HP3 likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I can't honestly give this trade a grade yet. What I can say is that I expected more in return in terms of players with star potential.
    Brooklyn picks (except for the Bucks pick via CLE) gain value if the Nets implode.
    I don't see Brooklyn winning anything either, a locker room with Harden and Kyrie is a time bomb. Good luck with that.
    I wish Stone was a genius, because he just decided the future of the franchise for several, several years.