1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. riko

riko Member

He is way better then Kyrie but not KD

GermanRakete likes this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK then. Please explain how the Rockets were supposed to contend this year with the players that were left when Morey and MDA jumped ship. And, while you're at it, explain to us just how Harden's value somehow increased after all of the BS he's been pulling since the season started and just which "star" players, in your opinion, the Rockets were supposed to get in return. I suppose other team GMs were supposed to magically overlook his behavior when dealing with Stone about making a deal. Finally explain just how this team wouldn't be forced to rebuild if Harden got his wish to be traded.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Irving / Harden / Harris / Durant / Jordan.

Let's say Harden handles the ball. Who, on that Nets proposed starting 5, do you leave open? When Jordan comes to set the screen, that's Harden-to-Capela again, as Jordan is still one of the best rim-runners in the game. When Harden inevitably runs past Jordan's defender, Harden will have the easiest time getting to the rim, since you can't leave Durant / Irving / Harris.

Sure, a 'problem' will be figuring out what to do with Harden off-ball, but I'm willing to be Nash and MDA will figure something out.

4. onreego

onreego Member

Bye Bruno?

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right. Remember Harden wanted out at OKC because he was the 3rd option behind KD and Westbrick. The question in my mind now is who goes to the bench and who gets to start - Kyrie or Harden?

GermanRakete likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Every Rockets fan should want the Nets to suck, maybe not this year (they aren't going to be worse than us), but from 2022 onward.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Harden will be the point guard, Kyrie whenever he decides to return the SG. Both will start

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Im not.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't it make sense to waive Clemons? Both him and Bruno are guaranteed I believe, so it doesn't make sense to waive a healthy player.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You think they will put the best scorer of the league on the bench?

11. HP3

HP3 Member

He was already better than KD pre injury imo.
    What? Morey and MDA would likely be running this way differently. We would have a better offense and a puncher's chance. At the very least we would have Harden NOT TANKING his trade value and Morey getting a better deal than the trash we got. Harden pulled this BS because we didnt hire a championship coach and got rid of the FO he trusts. Please miss me with this BS. We would be in a better position all around if Dantoni and Morey were still here. We would have flexibility to go in either direction ACTUAL flexibility. We were projected to be 4th in the West by 538. Miss me with all of this crap.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL Harden never asked out of OKC. They traded him and gave him little time to decide on the contract.

13. onreego

onreego Member

I don't think they're allowed to due to CBA rules. That's why Gerald had to be waived after training camp.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am willing to bet Harden translates in more of an actual pg, he is not gonna be concerned with winning the scoring title, you act like he him scoring that many points was not why we won so much.

Did you not see him feeding Woods to the detriment of scoring this year.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The distinction is that Clemons salary became fully guaranteed when he tore his achilles (it was non-guaranteed previously). The Rockets can still waive him, they just owe him the entire salary and it is a cap hit.

16. onreego

onreego Member

Yeah, just saw that from Bima's tweet. My mistake.

17. DCSLaw99

DCSLaw99 Member

Good deal...under the circumstances

Plowman and Rockets FTW like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden is still the best ball handler and playmaker that team has, Kyrie and Durant had their best seasons playing off the ball.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I wonder if there was a way to keep LaVert + Allen. Move Wood to the 4 spot, Allen to the 5 and have LaVert in Harden's spot. Could have had that plus some picks.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If ever there was a team that could shockingly implode the Nets would be at the top of the list -- Durant's achilles starts acting up, Kyrie goes nuts, and Harden just doesn't fit and starts pouting.

xtruroyaltyx, jiggyfly and bawanyh like this.