1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Well, I'm a little disappointed in how this all turned out, but what did we expect? Dude quit the last few games, and basically threw everyone under the bus. They couldn't let him practice or play another game for this team.. can you imagine how awkward that would've been? It wouldn't have been James throwing a ball at Tate. It would've been full out dodgeball at the practice facility. Everyone vs James.

That being said, I'm actually very disappointed in part of this trade - the Levert trade. He's averaging 18.5 PPG and is younger than Oladipo. Oladipo is gone after this year, so why flip a younger, exciting player for someone coming back from injury, for a few months? In the end, I don't think we will know how this trade turns out until 2027, after all the picks and swapping is complete. Right now, it seems like we didn't get much, but remains to be seen... would've liked a young stud player coming back to us... but, James really screwed us and the organization had no options after his actions and words of late. Good riddance, crybaby

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont bet period. They will win and you guys are gonna see(I reserve the right to change my opinion though lol).

malakas likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nah. Spaceman Kyrie is probably already calling Harden: "Hey, man, don't show up for a couple of days, just to f#$k with them."

hakeem94, HP3 and malakas like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

KD & Harden combo is better than the AD & Lebron combo for sure. I don’t know LA has weapons everywhere and they play D. Brooklyn should really look into trading Kyrie if at all possible. Like a Patrick Beverly type player ironically would be perfect with KD, James, Harris and DJ starting 5. I don’t see Kyrie buying in. He’s going crazy

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't bet either, but the Lakers cannot lose so it's really not a bet. Much as it sucks to say that.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Harden is probably already plotting a way to get Kyrie out.

xtruroyaltyx and Corso like this.
  7. anchel

anchel Member

Similar thought.
    Supposedely we chose cap space over Levert. So we should take a look at the next free agencies to value the decision...?

8. Corso

Corso Member

Lol... fat suit. Awesome.

9. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Good luck getting up all those shots with Kyrie and KD. James is all about those stats, and it’s going to be hard to average 30 PPG when you don’t see the ball. I don’t see how this works out - his style doesn’t really mesh with KD and Kyrie (or really anyone :D)

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why you guys care so much. The guy is injured pretty often. At least Oladipo expires this year. Oladipo is also bound to draw more interest from contending teams or can be used in a sign and trade during the summer considering that this year free agency class sucks. One way or another Rockets should be able to extract an additional asset from him.

ReturnOfTheMac, jiggyfly and Vivi like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and Corso like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It does seem like there is not enough basketball to go around for all three of those guys. I could see Harden and Durant working well, with Harden as playmaker and Durant as finisher. But I don't totally see how Kyrie fits in, unless he is content to sit back and be their crunch time scorer only.

jiggyfly and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Dude is on an expiring contract do you think he will actually resign? Do you think Mr cheepass will pay up?

14. Patience

Hopefully we can collect some good draft assets and/or young players over the next 5 years, and hopefully Tilman is either less broke or sells the team by then. I don't seen any way we will be a contender in the near term with this core of players, and especially with this owner being in the red with his main businesses for the foreseeable future.

15. Corso

Corso Member

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Tfor3 and KingCheetah like this.
  16. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    March 03 at Toyota Center
    Does he get the boo birds or a standing O? I wouldnt be surprised he is held out with an ankle.

17. Patience

Probably some of both. Sucks he forced his way out, but he's no Pippen.

18. kevtse

kevtse Member

Next step - full tank mode and get a top 5 pick in the next draft.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lets hope Brooklyn SUCKS !!!

DD

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

How does a pick swap work? Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

BamBam and Tfor3 like this.