1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could John Wall help attract free agents?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Now that Harden is gone Wall is our main guy. He is looking healthy (knock on wood) and we have some young prospects. With Victor's contract expiring I am going to assume Rockets will move on from him which will leave space to sign a big name.

What are your thoughts on people looking at Houston as a potential place to play now that toxic Harden is gone? Wall seems to have a lot more respect from players in the league personality wise. Beal has a player option at the end of next year.

I think our team's terrible game was a result of Harden's toxicity. I think we do have talent on the Roster with some decent signings and now we have room to work with. Do you guys think that Rockets will go into deep rebuilding mode or try to make the team viable in the near future by attracting a free agent and using first round picks as trading assets? If Wall has a great year this year and can attract another star to come here do you think the Rockets will hard pass and say no thanks we are rebuilding?

xtruroyaltyx and kjayp like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

5. Omar Turcios

Omar Turcios Member

I doubt we even attract top level role players

DCHAMP and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

what's the point of giving assets for Oladipo and then letting him go for nothing?

The goal is to pay him and then trade him away or at least S+T him.

IvanLCPM, Newlin, Highlyrated and 3 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not quite

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

cousins is who he attracts. Broken down big that gets techs and ejected in games. That's the gist of the type of guys running to play here

nobody ran to washington to play there. nobody is damn sure running to houston to play with him

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

But you are assuming Oladipo will not walk away and make his own choice for his next team.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Until Tilman is gone I doubt anyone is rushing to sign with us. Front office is a mess

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We didn’t really give up any assets. LeVert and a 2nd for a serviceable expiring seems about right.

What I don’t understand is Prince, Allen for Exum and a Bucks 1st. Allen would have been a very solid C next to Wood.

IvanLCPM, glynch, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

I said that this is our goal.
    We of course can't force Oladipo to sign with us against his will. Or if someone gives him a crazy contract. BUT Indiana was looking to trade him for a while now and they couldn't find anyone.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have his bird rights.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gang member players only.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Because Allen is getting paid next year and we don’t want to be the ones to do it. That’s all I can come up with.

glynch and apollo33 like this.
  16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Lets be real here, half Cousin's techs were BS. Him standing up for Tate was a team chemistry builder not destroyer. I don't think Cousins will have an effect on anyone's decision negative or positive.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

facts

2 weeks of subpar play, and people will be screaming that they hate Wall and hoping to get rid of him

HP3 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

BS or not those are the techs cousins has gotten since hes been in the league. those don't just go away. He's had that problem from day 1.the reasons don't matter

oh team chemistry builder. I guess getting smacked/embarassed twice in a row really got that chemistry going.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

People didn't want to play with a healthy prime Wall and prime Beal in Washington.

So why would people want to play with an older coming-off-an-Achilles Wall and Wood in Houston?

glynch likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

Maybe Wall can get Beal here? (just throwing stuff out there)