1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden trade thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Did you like the trade?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
  1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Did we really need another thread? There is already 25+ pages on the trade thread stickied at the top if you wanted to read opinons

2. Know Your Role

[​IMG]

I'm glad, it's time to move on. The Rockets have had a proud history of being able to obtain outstanding players and we will have another MVP on the roster within a few years. I'm going to enjoy the rebuild.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

To clarify I don't think Harden will be the sole reason Brooklyn will be drama city. I think him + Kyrie will be. I don't see them getting along at all. As soon as Nets hit a rough spot Durant will be on social media arguing with a random person he has no business arguing with which will then hit the media and throw fuel on the fire. Get your popcorn ready.

ak99999 likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

5. Asian Sensation

We got the best we could for the bum. His trade value is whatever he went for. I don’t understand people b****ing about what we got. If you wanted more we should’ve traded him 4 years ago like someone suggested and we could’ve gotten a much better package but you know there’s no way any of you complainers would have traded him back then.

Be glad we’re not paying $50M a year for the next 4 years to a guy that wasn’t going to lead us to a title or anywhere close to it.

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

We won't know for a while. Those picks and swaps could become excellent.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They could even become the next James Harden.

BigM likes this.
  8. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Fair point, James is not much of a drama queen individually.

That said, he has a history of not getting along with star tier teammates....which can/will propagate poor team chemistry, and thus create plenty of team drama.

9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

But we are *vastly worse in 21,22,23,24. Oladipo is barely 2nd team material, Exum / Kurucs are total scrubs who couldn't make any NBA 3rd team (should be waived immediately).

Even when we receive these picks it will be years before they can really compete. I.E - 2029,2030 etc.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m mad. About to hop in the shower so I can cry.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

oladipo is going to get traded for picks too. We are going to full tank 2022 and 2023 with our own picks. OKC still owns our 2024 pick I don't remember the protection. Hopefully the talent we pick up this year along with players on cheap rookie contract will bring us to 10-11 seed. At that point we can still cash in on the Brooklyn picks, or trade them for possible stars.

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not the delay that I dislike about it, I have no problem with that. I just think it's a very risky gamble that is more likely not going to work out for us. It definitely could, as many have pointed out in here. I just think it's much more likely that it doesn't.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think team really only wanted picks and cap relief and wants to field the worst roster possible in order to tank.

Don’t hate it. We’ve already been down the mediocre road with Scola and the boys. Nobody will want to play for Tilman on their own accord probably so you need to pluck these stars off the vine. It’s the only way.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When is Bronny turning pro?

BigM and Ubiquitin like this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bronny or bust!

Easy likes this.
  16. SuperKev

You think any star will come to Houston after this? Stars usually come to play alongside other stars. We now effectively have nothing to attract any except vastly overpaying of course.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We are talking about like 2026 season, I didn't say we sign them, I said we can trade for them with the Brooklyn picks if they are good.

18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

WHAT!!!! THERE IS NO BIG 2021 FREE AGENCY!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME..........WE CHOKED!!!!

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, this probably will be the most relevant news about this franchise in the next 5-7 years, so please be nice.

20. SuperKev

Do you really want to be the 90's clippers for 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025?

Ubiquitin likes this.