1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden trade thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Did you like the trade?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wonder what the sixers were offering?

BigM likes this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I like how you contradict yourself while stating the Nets may not be at top for long but also knowing the fact that we will suck for sure for a while and saying everyone is knee jerking.

Do you aware that even if this scenario will play out, those 4 pick swats will mean jack?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why the assumption is all these picks will be bad. All 3 of these +30 year olds can be FA's in 2022. nothing is guaranteed in this league. and nothing says they will 100% be there after that

nothing goes according to plan when people are trying to forecast years down the road. The reality is nobody knows. People want to think things go a long the script, they don't. Did anyone say GS was going to have the #2 pick in the midst of their run. nope

nobody credible has said anything about guys like brown or mpj or even siakim being realistic options. a cf's debate and nobodies on twitter mean next to nothing

BigM and harold bingo like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

do you speak english? try doing that first

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

WITH THE 10TH PICK IN THE 2026 DRAFT THE ROCKETS CHOOSE WHO GIVES A ****.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

We going to be on the up & up while LeBron gets older and the dynasties start to age out

I love it. Trade victor and exum for more picks

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I hope you will have a great career with the Texans organization, all the best.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

We essentially have their firsts for the next 8 years. What will the Nets be in 2024-2027?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea what that has to do with anything but that goes back to my english response.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we got a bunch of picks thats cool, but trading him just for an expiring and picks sucks. I would have rather had a good young player on his first contract or even to just keep levert. feels like a tax saving move to me.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Agreed. I’m just happy we are out of that business.

Oh, and that we will see more than 1-2 passes per possession....happy about that too!

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Maybe you should consult your English teacher, just a thought.

13. Corso

Corso Member

Like I said in the other thread:
    The Nets have great potential to truly implode, given that their best talents are all, shall we say... divas to the extreme.

It could be a terrible trade, it could be a terrific one.
    Time will tell.

joshuaao and RKREBORN like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't agree with that, I think we can at least build a mediocre roster in 5-6 years time, and at that time the swaps will be even more important because you get to dip into the lottery without having to actively trying to lose games.

These picks will be as good as our scouting and know when to pull the trigger.

#94 apollo33, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    harold bingo likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh I'm doing just fine. you're the one with the posts that don't make sense because your english sucks

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I wasn't too thrilled when I first read about this as I was running errands this afternoon as I was led to believe that the Rockets were going to get some young star who could be the "cornerstone" of the franchise and instead we got a slew of draft picks, 2 garbage players, and a guy that was good at one time but is injury-prone in Oladipo (why not have him - we seem to have every other injury-prone star to play for us - Yao, McGrady, Westbrook, etc.)

But after what I read last night, I felt that Harden had to go and go soon so I almost saw this coming. His departure might make the Rockets better, as crazy as that seems, as it is the classic addition by subtraction. It reminds me of the time in the early 2000s when my beloved Red Sox had this talented but psycho guy on their team in Carl Everett. If you could keep him focused and happy, you had a potential MVP candidate but the problem was that not many could handle him. He singlehandedly ruined the Red Sox clubhouse and they later traded him straight up for journeyman reliever Darren Oliver. Now obviously Harden is a lot better player than the example I used but you get the point - this team could have actually been a decent team and in the top 4 of the West if Harden had bought in and actually wanted to be here. With Wall showing great improvement and the addition of Wood and still some decent parts left, it wasn't like the Rockets had turned into the Cleveland Cavs. But Harden made it known very early on that he wanted nothing to do with this team and his attitude deep-sixed this bunch before they even had a chance to see if they could gel. And because of that I am pissed at James Harden. So while I bid him adieu and will remember the good times, I can't say that I will miss him as he has shown that he is a prima donna, a choker in the playoffs, and now has to run to the Eastern Conference and team up with another guy that had to get help to win a championship in Durant (plus Irving). I really have my doubts on how the 3 of those alpha males are all going to co-exist. I think it will be a trainwreck of epic proportions.

Meanwhile, I feel like I am back in the early 2000s with this team when we were led by, *shudder*, Steve Francis.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  17. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

You don’t seem like a big “delayed gratification” guy.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden is now the favorite for MVP.

BigM and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Better than I expected. No need to keep Harden around if the team isn't going anywhere. Face it, we are not going to win with this team even Harden is committed. Better to start getting asset and start rebuilding.

20. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow. Basically we got some low level picks and some low level players. In effect we've blown up the team.