1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[poll] Winner(s) of the Harden trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 13, 2021.

?

[poll] Winner(s) of the Harden trade.

1. Tilman - gets to save money on expiring contract and didn't have to deal to Morey

82 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Stone - he gets to have more picks to play with.

44 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Nets - big three of the EAST, more of a lock to contend?

78 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Harden - a chance to contend for the 'ship.

58 vote(s)
    31.2%
  5. Rocket fans - because new era?

22 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Pacers ?

18 vote(s)
    9.7%
  7. Other

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Cavs

14 vote(s)
    7.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

Thoughts? (Can vote for more than one)

Honestly, I think everyone benefited but portion of the Rockets fan base; since we're stuck with a tanking team and a future of unknown.

#1 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I need to know what picks we've received and from who. I also want details on the swaps to see if they are opposite years from our OKC swaps or what. Very confusing.

saleem, Stephen_A and BigM like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Depends on if Kyrie buys in / returns to the team (lol).

Nets are the best team in the East right now, even without Irving.

With Irving, the league doesn't stand a chance.

4. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I am depressed. Lets do some coke

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is that Rockets fans are the losers here

saleem, Corrosion, Joe Rocket and 4 others like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

We obviously don’t. Look what Pelicans got for AD in terms of players. Thank Tilman for that!

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Lakers’ depth is pretty ridiculous. I think they may need an engaged Irving to beat them. Philly really missed the boat.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No bench. No big man. How does harden play with Kyrie. It would be interesting. The team dynamic would be quite different.

9. Aware

Aware Member

John Wall won this trade.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We are seriously banking on Stone being a GREAT Talent Evaluator and Drafting Guru

Rocket River

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Pay up @Nimo. The wager was one bitcoin.

12. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Winners so far:

Harden for getting exactly what he wanted

Oladipo for getting out of Indiana (what he wanted)

Cavs for turning a Buck's 2021 1st (surely to be no better than 27) into Allen and Prince.

Will assess again in a few years lol

Wulaw Horn and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's possible for everybody to win. But the Nets only win if they get a chip.

This will eventually reap good benefits for us, if Brooklyn implodes it will be great benefits. Stone has honestly impressed the hell out of me, I think we got a winner. A superstar was never happening, and any team with harden was gonna be good for a few years, so no high picks for a few years either. This was the best he could do to get us back in position to rebuild long term

And yes, our POS owner is gonna save his money. I f**king hate him with a passion, but whether I like it or not he's our owner. I enjoy Rockets basketball too much to give it up this easily, becoming Knicks south could change that eventually.

rpr52121, xaos and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Tillman gets another yacht. Obviously he’s the winner.

KingCheetah and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

According to ESPN; some info (not everything)

"Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal,
    The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks."

The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks."
    "The Rockets have sent James Harden to the Nets in a blockbuster four-team trade that also involves the Pacers and Cavaliers, completing the unhappy star's exit from Houston and setting up a potential superteam in Brooklyn, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne.

The Nets sent Houston a package that includes multiple players and draft picks and features guard Caris LeVert, who was then traded to the Pacers for Victor Oladipo, sources told ESPN.

Center Jarrett Allen and forward Taurean Prince are headed from the Nets to the Cavs in the deal, according to sources, while the Rockets receive Cleveland guard Dante Exum and Brooklyn forward Rodions Kurucs.

Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal, The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks."

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cavs won this trade. They gave up a MKE late FRP for Allen...

Idk why we gave away 3 years of cheap LaVert and Allen for peanuts unless Tilman refused to pay them.

It's obvious Dipo is gonna get flipped at the dead for more picks since he's an expiring...

We could really use a Jarrett Allen at the center, then Wood can play his natural position (the 4).

17. riko

riko Member

Four late first rounders and Oladipo for Harden? Hmm not good

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Nets/Harden are the obvious winners.

Remember how everyone hated the Nets package back when it was first reported? Fast forward a few months and a few Harden misbehavior and poor attitude later... wow look at all those shiny Nets draft picks!

They somehow turn Levert, Allen, 3 picks and 3 swaps for James Harden. Originally people thought Dimwidee, Levert, Allen all their picks werent enough.

Harden is also a winner. He acted like a toddler having a tantrum for 2 straight months and is rewarded by not only getting go out and play with his buddy in Brooklyn. He does so without ever losing a single game check or taking any responsibility for his actions. He leaves a Rocket franchise in a terrible spot (much of which through his action and influence) and joins a Nets teams ready to contend for the title.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

This was a great trade for the Rockets. Yeah, we lose on an all-time once in a generation player, but we get a super haul back and a good player in Oladipo. I can live with this trade. The team losing big name is always the loser but this is truly a best case scenario for a disgruntled superstar. Nice job Stone! Also, screw Fertits!

don grahamleone likes this.