1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden trade thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Did you like the trade?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We have swaps in 25 and 27. We can create a max slot if we ever can move EG's bum ass but the FA class isn't very good.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm ecstatic8

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

One of the swaps is this season, which makes it basically meaningless.

harold bingo likes this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

The '26 unprotected is the big one here. BK could very well be a bottom tier team after '24. And the cap space, let's not overlook how valuable that is and will be down the line.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can’t say I like it, but I get it. Gives us some valuable assets for the future or to use in a trade. And it saves the owner a lot of money in the meantime.

6. biina

biina Member

Think more could have been gotten.

Nets draft picks are almsot worthless, and Oladipo with his injuries is not enough

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I rather have Oladipo instead of Lavert, but I really wanted DeAndre Jordan. For Harden to speak out like that it is a point of no return. It was still early in the season, he could of played it out because at the end of the season the leaderboard will change. Very happy, all Hakeem records still stand.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

those might be good as well

not really thinking about free agency for the foreseeable future...I want to see the tank roll out ready for duty

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The best part of the deal is giving us the opportunity to all out suck. The NBA has no place for middle road teams. If you're gonna be good be great, if you're gonna be bad be the worst. We were stuck in limbo before and now with a few more moves we can at least be the worst.

10. hanlong

hanlong Member

If this was the plan and end goal, should've not done the Westbrook trade. Then would've had much more picks on top of this haul to rebuild off.

11. CertifiedTroll

I have two thoughts. 1) Dante Exum is making more than PJ Tucker lol 2) What do we do with PJ Tucker?

12. raining threes

Agreed, tell me what the Nets pick is worth in 2026 and I will tell you if I like the deal.

I wanted Brown bad or Herro as a great concilation prize.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Mashing

Mashing Member

I like it. Gets us off the mediocrity treadmill into just plain bad territory. Let the rebuild begin.

14. lalala902102001

I would totally be ready for tanking now if not for the fact that OKC owns our 1st round pick this year (swap). The Westbrook trade will really bite us now.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

they still need to move tucker for a pick. does gordon have trade value?

raining threes likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And Ego, both should be traded.

DD

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can see the rockets trading PJ at this point. sometime before the season is over. a contender can absolutely use him for a future pick at the very least especially on a cheap expiring

EG honestly needs to go too. He's nearly becoming a negative on the floor. Hes already getting hurt this year

HP3 and raining threes like this.
  18. swakid8

swakid8 Member

I am good with the trade, it was time to close the James Harden era. This starts another rebuilding time for us. It will be painful, but it was time...

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This. It would help the rebuild process so much if we can get that too 4 pick back.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yup. Time to dump Wall, Oladipo, Gordon and PJ. Hopefully they show enough before the deadline for some decent value.

Reeko likes this.