1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Exactly, Mr Space City

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I'm not cuz the main reason we traded for an expiring Oladipo is so we won't have to do that to get under the lux tax.

You realize OKC isn't paying luxury tax either right? Just because you are going LTS doesn't mean you can't stockpile assets. Fertita bailed on paying lux tax for role players OKC ownership bailed on lux tax for James freaking Harden.

Victorious likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

oladpio plays defense unlike herro and robinson

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Agreed there, but that's the owner we're stuck with.

HP3 likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Model?

Rockets are in tank mode we don't need more none needle moving young guys we can get them in the draft.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to be OKC either.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

possibly. the main idea being able to keep yourself flexible enough on an already capped out roster to actually make moves. rather than locking yourself into them when this team isn't that good anyway

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Put all the emotional responses aside, people need to realize one thing from this trade.

- that why the Net is giving away Jarrett Allen.

They are going to play small, that's how Harden will get his space and lanes.

For people that keep praising Stone, go eff yourself, either they already know Harden is 100% gone at the point when they signed Wood, or he is just a complete moron.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Not useless when they're attached to assets to trade for future picks and less salary. :D:(

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha. Ahhh the pain. Got to laugh or you'll cry.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well then maybe you should be a billionaire so you can run your own team the way you want it.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

It is “funny”...

(When this started): LOL Nets have nothing to offer. Dinwiddie, Allen, LeVert, Prince? Pfffttt...
    Now: WHY DIDN’T THEY KEEP ALLEN AND/OR LEVERT?!

OK, probably just me.

JoeBarelyCares, Vivi and NIKEstrad like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What do you think I think? Fernshits has been a disaster for the Rockets. I don't think we'll recover from his impact until we lose him as an owner.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  14. wesbound

wesbound Member

wtf.... why aren't we keeping levert? he's nice!! we rather opted for broken dipo, as if we dont deal w/ enough injuries...

PeterKingX likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’d rather have $24 million in cap space than Caris LeVert and $6.5 million in cap space. The odds of LeVert developing into the second-best player on a championship team are very low. He’s been an inefficient chucker when asked to be the Nets number one option. Also, LeVert and Oladipo have similar trade values, which is proven in this trade. I doubt Caris LeVert suddenly improves his trade value by a first-round pick or two because he would have been a primary scorer in Houston.

Like you, I’m disappointed the Rockets did not get any young players on rookie contracts with upside in the deal. If Tilman just pockets the savings, instead of spending in free agency the next few seasons, I’ll be very pissed. Judging by his penny-pinching history, it’s certainly a possibility.

HP3 and yaopao like this.
  17. lalala902102001

We are not going to keep Oladipo long term. If we can flip him for another pick at the deadline we are doing it. Otherwise he keeps the Rockets from being one of the worst teams in the league this year and giving OKC a top daft pick.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He should buy a boat.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Don’t mind it. While we have no one to build around, we have A LOT of guys that contenders will send a 1st rounder for at the trade deadline this year or next year.

roslolian likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone still deserves praise for getting the haul he did for James Harden. There were a lot of articles talking about proposed trades Brooklyhn can do for James Harden, none of those as good as what Stone got.

I don't care what Brooklyn wants to do with Harden, Irving and KD now all I know is Rox got a nice haul and extremely leveraged to screw Brooklyn over if they **** up. Tbh I wouldn't have done it if I was Brooklyn for the next 7 years we get all of Brooklyn's picks Harden would be 37 by that time even if it all works out and they keep winning ring after ring you still think they would still be a contender in 2027 or w/e?

Os Trigonum and yaopao like this.