1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Do it for you children... and your childrens' children!!!

malakas likes this.
  2. Mashing

Mashing Member

We were always going to be a lottery team without Harden. So, I want us to lose as many game as possible now we're we're consistently picking high in the draft. As for who won the trade, the team trading Harden was always going to be a loser. You can't trade an MVP caliber player and expect anyone to think you won the trade. What becomes of the picks we acquired is when we'll know that for sure.

3. riko

riko Member

The original deal had dimwiddie in it. Dimwiddie is atleast young and had potential. This deal stinks.

sirjesse and Slimfa like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Mr. Space City

Draft is the only hope, because no free agents will want to play for Tillman FerCHEAPta.

Stone better be good at scouting.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It was time to move on.

7. Elienator

Elienator Member

Despite Harden's impressive first few games this season, the team was going nowhere with Harden. This was obvious already, and Harden claiming to give everything he has while blaming the rest of the team for losing given the last 5 games he had (what a joke) made it even more obvious. A team going nowhere with a disinterested Harden wasn't going to improve his trade value and it already seems no one was also going to be giving up a package that would replace his immediate value and prevent some amount of rebuild.

There is rarely a sure thing in the draft, so all things considered grabbing as many draft picks and hoping to hit a few while getting started on a rebuild sooner than later isn't that terrible of an outcome. Tilman is a crap owner, but I think the rest of the front office is doing about as well as you could expect given the situation.

dcfma and bro2044 like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, half of that starting 5 will be gone in few months if not days.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just replace Dimwidee with Oladipo in the trade then it's pretty much the same deal except I think it's easier to argue he has more value to teams around the deadline...or could.

I wish we would have gotten Simmons/Maxey but clearly Morey didn't want to give up Maxey which could turn out to be a monumental mistake for him since if it works out for the Nets they are cruising through the East and Embiid will probably ask out once its clear his team can't cut it for him.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I like this deal! It's better than continuing to watch James dribble the ball up, hover around the 3 point line, and take a step-back 3 or drive it with no mid-range game whatsoever. We got his prime years. I thank James for all he's done in Houston. Time to move on. WE GOT OUR PICKS BACK! This deal reminds me of the one in "Draft Day". Well...kind of. ;)

xtruroyaltyx and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

13. conquistador#11

So how many tendonitis missed games for the Nets starters do I have to wish for so the Rockets can get a top 8 pick?
    I don't think the nets will be good next season. Lakers 2013 vibes

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean like get a 22-year old promising center like Jarrett Allen for taking on an extra year of an overpaid but rotation-worthy Taurean Prince?

I kind of figure after the Harden and Westbrook behaviors, Houston is washed out as a free agent destination for awhile. Maybe John Wall can make us respectable, but unless Stone is somehow an absolute draft maven, I don't see us being relevant for the next 5 years at least.

JoeBarelyCares and GotGame15 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Now we need to see how good this franchise is at scouting talent.

Denovo and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

This trade was huge fail....you have one to two maybe good picks in years to show for it, ITS GARBAGE. Oladipo is also not an all star anymore. He wont be worth more than Lavert. Who are these pieces, Exum ????? Dude....cmon man we got boned.

No this is trash. Horrible decision making all around. Its garbage.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Not good at all, we wont be spending money on it either.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Westbrook derailing is complete, @Clutch, and now Stone has some tools to work with in getting us back on track. However, he still has Fertitta as an owner, which has been made clear with this trade. I have no hope that Fertitta will do anything as an owner except get worse. That leaves the Rockets wandering in the NBA wilderness, without a clear path out of it in view.

It's remarkable how quickly Mr. Fertitta has destroyed our team's ability to contend. We'll be lucky to sniff the playoffs anytime soon. In fact, the only odor I'm smelling is coming from Tilman Fertitta.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its gonna interesting to see what you have to say about actual Basketball stuff when you can't bring every conversation back to Harden.

Its gonna really suck for you.

You will probably just go to a nets board and troll there.

Richie_Rich and lionaire like this.