1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, the young star the Rockets wanted as part of the trade didn’t happen?

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We get 0 good players back in this trade.

Dipo is gonna be gone since we ain't paying him what he wants when the time comes. I guess we're heading for a full rebuild instead of a quicker one with Simmons. It kinda makes sense since I personally don't think Simmons will ever win a ring with his playstyle.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehh....53 TS%, he's a below average scorer. So ....meh, that's still better than Lavert's 51 TS% but then again, Lavert is gonna be a better asseet we could have used going forward LOL. Wow.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Trade Oladipo for more picks

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Victor Oladipo, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, Eric Gordon, Sterling Brown, Ben Mclemore, and Danuel House all play SG/SF. The roster imbalance right now is crazy. We have a starting PF that's 6'5" with PJ and backup in Tate that's 6'4". There's got to be something done to balance out the roster.

bro2044 likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don’t see the two as that different, to be honest. At best, LaVert is the third-best player on a championship-caliber team. Plus, would you rather clear all $40 million of Harden’s salary for free agency or have LaVert making nearly $18 million for two more years?

Contending teams will give up a first-round pick for Oladipo before the trade deadline, too.

#106 DVauthrin, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don’t think we could have done much better given the landscape. Harden can go loaf around in New Jersey now.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets need to Trade Oladipo for more picks.

Gordon, House, Tucker all need to be traded.

Wall is difficult to trade now, next year maybe.

Get Gerald Green Back

9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I really don't like the Oladipo trade unless we're getting FRPs back.

Clearly the trade is targeting his expiring contract rather than the player. But I think Levert's trading value is positive enough to get an expiring contract + 1 - 2 late FRPs. Acquiring Oladipo also negatively affects our ability to tank this year, which I think is very important to get a higher chance to keep our top 4 pick. We won't make the playoffs anyway, I'd rather rank 14 or 15 in the West and have a better chance to keep our pick than rank 9 or 10 in the West and lose our pick for sure. Lots of great young players coming, I want Cade Cunningham.

DFWRocket and HP3 like this.
  10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Its ironic that we got rid of Chris Paul because he was injury prone and it was a risk.... and since then have taken on Westbrook (got injured and is now gone), Wall, Cousins, and Oladipo.

Let's face it, we were never going to be happy with whatever we got back.

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

It did happen. 2025/2027 FRP from the Nets lol

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Victor

Rocket River

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I feel the same way. Like did we just settle on getting literally no value players back? Why? Levert seemed better than Oladipo (certainly more potential), and Allen a legitimate center presence at just 22 years old.

14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

We should ship Oladipo to Denver for Gary Harris and two FRPs.

15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Any transcendent players coming up over the next few years? Looks like we are headed for the lottery every year.

16. PWR

PWR Member

This is the type of s**t that happens when you don't have a plan. You should've shipped him out when he first said he wanted out instead of sitting around like idiots. This front office looks incompetent as hell right now.

MarioKissoDeath and roslolian like this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wouldn't get too attached.

Hopefully we can flip him for another first, otherwise he's leaving in FA. If he's here next season I will be shocked.

rockets1995 and Rocket River like this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's impossible to be bottom 3 unless Wall gets injured and you purposely sit out Christian Wood in games. Rockets have a low record only cuz they had among the highest opponent strength in the league, just compare their opponents to Sixers and you'll see.

bro2044 likes this.
  19. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

How? This deal was better than anything else reportedly offered going back to November.

rockets1995 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

They wont. If he was worth a first round pick, the Pacers would have already traded him for one instead of adding Lavert to their books. He's also 2 years younger. This did nothing for us. In all likelihood Oladipo goes for a second rounder.