1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally we will be free!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Jan 13, 2021.

1. T-Mike

T-Mike Member

Free to finally play some team basketball again. The kind of basketball I fell in love with so many years ago.
    Freed from dribble dribble step back bricks. Freed from yelling at teammates while getting beaten on the defensive end over and over again. Free to give players opportunities to actually run plays, motion, moving without the ball instead of standing at the threepoint line and just watch one player do his thing.
    Free from moreys micro ball obsession. Free from Pringles „I don’t care about defense“. And now free from a great offensive player that just has no winning attitude and leaves no one air to breathe.
    I‘ m really so much looking forward to this new time. We might not win a ring but we might finally play actual basketball again.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like winning, but at this point with Harden being a little whiny b****, it is time he goes!

DD

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't agree that "fun" losing is better than ugly winning.

However, I do look forward to just enjoying basketball without expectations or nonsense on the side. I've enjoyed games despite not being a contender for most of my life, I've not really enjoyed these last 2 years.

burlesk, clos4life, pr0wler and 2 others like this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

That makes one of us

tycoonchip likes this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

As a lifelong Rockets fan, if we aren’t winning it’s very very important to have a young franchise player to give us legitimate hope.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL at free. team basketball. all you're going to see is a bunch of losing for at least the next decade

where you get the assumption that once harden is gone, this roster all of a sudden learns how to be all around players is beyond me

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mr. Tilman wiped out the D’Antoni fans, the Morey fans and at last the Harden stans. Thank you Tilman based God!

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

That pretty much started when Tilman took over the team.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've said that from the beginning and how bad hes been for the last 2 years. The only reason the rockets are any level of relevant is because of harden. Now that's gone, the true impact will show with losing seasons and missing playoffs for years to come

10. T-Mike

T-Mike Member

sure AT LEAST a decade. Why not make it two? This team without Harden plus a young borderline star can be fun to watch. I’d rather see my team fight and give his best instead of one player eventually winning us games and statpadding but as always fade away when it matters and at the same time no leaving others room the shine and take responsibility.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

They didnt listen with Cp3, didnt listen with Mike, didnt listen with Morey, they arent gonna listen now man, its whatever.

Air Canada likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol gotta love revisionist history.

Harden was the best thing to happen to this franchise since Hakeem, and may be the best thing it sees for decades to come. I hope I'm wrong about that part, but statistically, players like him and teams like the ones he lead don't come around often... There's a reason he now holds so many franchise records, some of which may never be broken. And with just a little bit better luck, he probably adds a banner or two to our rafters, and none of this drama ever happens. It sucks the way it's all coming crashing down around us, but don't lie to yourself about what Harden did here.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

itll probably reach 2 decades. who cares. we know it won't be for a long time.

who tf says a team is fun to watch that loses all the time and never makes the playoffs. that's just dumb af. I guess you're looking for the kings and knicks. lets see how long that loser mentality lasts that you're telling yourself is going to make you feel better.

all you sound like is that jealous gf that just got dumped. stop it

Air Canada, DatRocketFan and HP3 like this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Until we get another player who is good ... and from that comes the ego

guys like Tim Duncan only come along once every 30 years. plus SA already had pop .

clutchdabear and ak99999 like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In the end, Harden failed, just like Yao Ming did, just like TMac did - he should not be judged for anything more than that.....he was fun to watch - but ultimately he sucked as a leader.

I would rank Yao higher than Harden as a Rocket.

DD

Maxgx, ak99999, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  16. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

And get blowed out on a daily

17. HardenVolumeOne

laughable

18. Asian Sensation

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

U give Harden waaay too much credit. He carried us in the regular season but playoffs when we needed him to step up and take it to the next level he didn’t have it in him.... his stats are very good overall, but in critical moments in playoff games, he failed over and over and over....

As a Harden fan, it hurts me to say but he will look back at this moment with regret,,,,, just like tmac, his jersey will not get retired and all his accomplishments in Houston will account for nothing.....

thank him for his time, but he should not let the door hit him in the ass

beardsanity713 and ak99999 like this.
  20. macan

macan Member

I'm just glad the Harden era will finally be over.
    we get to see a new brand of Rockets basketball soon!

kjayp and Rocketeer4Life like this.