1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden Deal could culminate quickly!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Can someone explain to me why in the world we're only listening to the Nets and 76ers offers? Who cares about Harden at this point? He's totally unprofessional...

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’m betting PJ is dealt with Harden.

Is it even possible to trade Eric right now? That contract and his D league play don’t mesh well lol.

xiki and ak99999 like this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Feigen says shut the **** up Brabra

xiki and charlieaustin like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

for the record, he's been fairly underwhelming to start this year.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Because only a contender would give up a load of picks for a 31 year old player. Why would someone like Charlotte, or Indiana or MN give up anything when they aren't in contention any time soon, and it's likely Harden would just bounce after 1.5 years

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet once Harden is gone Eric will be suddenly good again. lol

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  8. ClutchCity9495

I actually like Simmons as a Center. Move Wood to PF. SF is if you keep Tucker or not. Maxey can play the #2. Simmons can pass well out of the post. If Tucker goes, could see Gordon or House at SF. I think Maxey is the steal of this as long as we get picks with this. Don't sleep on Maxey. Simmons will also cause the offense, although a poor shooter to have much better ball movement. Our defense has been terrible, this move makes us way better defensively. If we can get Pick Swaps and 1st rounders, you do this deal. You build around Simmons, Woods, and Maxey. You have core future to build around. Although draft choices won't be great, it still gives you an influx of talent. I also, not to overreact here on an undrafted free agent, I think Mason Jones can develop into a nice role player. This may actually let him play more. Stone did a good job getting some Undrafted FA considering what we had to work with. Don't sleep on the future. Also, Armoni Brooks is not a star, but he could get up here and be a good fit as that kid has length and can shoot. Really, it seems bad now, but its not all doom in gloom going forward if we make this trade. Step back and look at the big picture, its a cometive West, but it can be addition by subtraction and let the process play out. This team is better then its record once time get everyone together, and will have an automatic attitude adjustment. You can rotate Simmons, Wood, and Cousins as your 3 Bigs. I don't want to see Tucker at Center again. We also needed a backup PG when Wall sits, you can move Simmons to that position when bench comes in.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It may be that in reality those are the only two teams interested. Others may be interested, but a significantly reduced price. The East is wide open, so it makes sense that Philly or Brooklyn are attempting to go all in.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I will repeat swaps are not picks. Nets cannot trade 7 picks

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ideally we should move literally everyone after the Harden trade, aside for maybe Wood, the Rockets should not waste the chance to tank for the next draft.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

I love Stone. Ask for Malone's jersey in the rafters too!

jakedasnake likes this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

These are Harden's preferred destination. Unfortunately when you Star lists out their preferred destination, other teams are not willing to offer the farm in case said Star dipsets next year

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don’t know. I had super high hopes for him turning it around after last year. He just looks done. He can’t beat anyone off the dribble anymore and that shot seems broke.

ak99999 likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Screw the multiple picks! Just get Kyrie and 1 pick! We have a team that could still make some noise with Kyrie!

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

xiki likes this.
  18. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

No, no we don’t. Kyrie sucks.

xiki, Erbnwarfare and malakas like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

Who would have Cheered Boogie on this site for saying this a year ago?

xiki likes this.
  20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

In vernacular:

Caesar, xiki, joshuaao and 1 other person like this.